Chapter 3

mr.adamson droned on in second period that day and matthew wasn't paying attention.

no he was busy staring at the back of jaynes head, watching her shiny hair move as she nodded along to whatever the teacher was saying.

something about "project" with "assigned partners," but matthew didn't care. he had always passed social studies with flying colors. no, matthew didn't care until the second he heard the teacher announce the names for the project...

"maria  and drew,"

"lexi and will..."

ooh. lucas wasn't going to be happy about that. he knew lexi used to like will... he'd have to tell lucas about that later.

"matthew and jayne,"

"sam and lola..."

WAIT WHAT? matthew's head snapped up and jayne turned around.

"hi new partner!" she gushed, making every word sound happy.

"oh! um.. hi"

matthew offered a small wave and then immediately wanted to slap himself... he sounded like a complete idiot!

"lets get started!"

LEXI POV:

agh.

lexi hated will myers.

she didn't know why she had ever liked him. all she had wanted was to get paired up with one of her friends. all she had wanted was to at least get paired up with someone decent!

but no.

will flipped his hair and walked over to her, proving lexi's point. he was the most self centered guy she had ever met... all she wanted was to get paired up with that cute matthew kid...