Chapter 2

when lexi left on her bike...

when lucas's mom picked him up...

when jayne made it home on time...

when lola went to bed...

when josh said goodnight to mary kate...

it was just matthew, awake and sitting at his computer, but not feeling particularly motivated to do anything. he thought about it all. watching lucas hopelessly flirt with lexi, who was seemingly oblivious. he thought about jayne... he had been head over heels in love with her for years now and she had never said more than a few words to him in the hallways, usually along the lines of "what was our math homework?"

but he still loved the way she walked, the way she talked, the way she smiled so effortlessly when she was with her friends, a few of whom, matthew had actually talked to, in hopes of becoming friends with them and then friends with her.

it hadn't worked.

he had only successfully made himself look like a complete idiot in front of all of her group and now she probably thought he was a weird outcast with no friends. which he kind of was... he had lucas, and a few other acquaintances, but that was about it for friends.

matthew didn't know what jayne thought of him, but he would never actually have the guts to talk to her,

well that was until second period social studies the next day...