Nine - Somebody That I Used To know

Hello! This is dedicated to @yumichika11 for always reading and because I love her comments in capital! :)

I WANT A WHERE'S WALLY MUG! x'(

Enjoy this chap! Updated early cos I gotta focus on alotta stuff! 

-LittleLala 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somebody That I Used To Know

And I don't even need your love, but you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough.

 After the long and exceptionally unique holiday our school's been on, it's time to go back to school. I'm dressed up in my black and white uniform, looking much like a prisoner as always. I leave my wild and untamed hair down, my dirty blonde curls in the end of it finally visible. I fix my tie and head downstairs for a quick breakfast.

I observe my mother who is sitting down on the kitchen table, looking through papers while humming oldies to herself. Her short hair is tied into a small ponytail and she seems to be in a good mood while working.

Should I finally ask her about Sam?

                                                         Or should I not?

Sam pops out of nowhere, smiling grimly at me, telling me to try and ask. I eye her suspiciously, uncertain of what to do. My mother notices me, shuffles through her papers to put them back in order, and looks back at me, grinning.

"Morning Si, what's the matter?"

I realise that one of my eyes was twitching, a habit which occurs when I feel nervous. I sit down on the chair in front of her and rest my hand on the table. She places her palm on my hand, squeezes it and smiles, slowly raising an eyebrow.

"Mum," I begin hesitantly, coughing afterwards. "Do you know Sam?"

She looks at me seriously, shaking her head slowly as she tries to think, "Who?"

She doesn't know?

"Sam." I repeat anxiously, my heart beating apace as my knees shake.

She purses her lips, stroking her chin gently and obliviously replies, "Who is that?"

"Sam is my sister, right?"

She furrows her eyebrows at my absurd question, "No, dear. You are an only child." She says to me, letting out a tiny laugh.

My heart beats normally now, and I feel relieved, "Oh, okay."

I get up and amble to the refrigerator.

"What made you ask such a question?"

Sam.

I chuckle nervously, "Mm, nothing, just a bad dream. Never mind it."

She nods, not sure of what to tell me, "You sure?"

"Yep."

Sam creeps out from behind the refrigerator, sticking out her tongue at me saying, "I told you so!"

About to shriek, I look back at my mother who seems to be freaked out by me.

I grab a small carton of milk, shout goodbye to my mother and I go outside as I carry my bag on my shoulder.

Hoping Sam wouldn't appear next to me, I chug down my milk. As I remove it from my face, I see Sam walking beside me, staring at me goggle-eyed. I spit out my milk on her as a result of the shock. Luckily, she doesn't get affected.