"You're not seeing him ever again."

Justin

I slid my foot across the pavement to increase the speed of my skateboard. It had been kind of difficult to wave my way through the crowded streets of Manhattan since I got out of the subway and I was afraid I was gonna be late to pick Brooklyn up from school. I don’t know how many people I hit in the process, but I finally arrived to my destination. Picking up the skateboard in my hand, I looked around searching for a head of blonde hair that could belong to my girlfriend. But it was being impossible mission since the entrance of the school was packed with dozens of golden-haired school-girls.

I waited a minute or so until the bell rang and people began to disappear inside the building and that’s when I saw a girl in a corner, wearing sunglasses and a hood.

Chuckling in my way over there, I finally reached Brooklyn. She was leaning against a wall and nervously looking from left to right, trying to go unnoticed.

“Hey, secret agent.” I whispered when I was close enough.

Brooklyn brought a hand to her chest in fright, making me laugh. “Oh my god, Justin. You nearly gave me a heart attack.” She panted.

“You’re easily scarable.” I shrugged.

“That’s not even a word.” She lowered the rim of her sunglasses, giving me a glimpse of her beautiful brown eyes while a scowl settled on her lips.

“You understood me, right?” I gave her a knowing look and then lent down for a morning kiss. She barely let my lips brush with hers before she pulled away, taking my hand to drag me away.

“Let’s get out of here before somebody sees us.” She urged in a panicking voice, still looking around to make sure no one saw she was skipping school.

I let her drag me around a corner and into another street, laughing at her paranoia. “Are you gonna explain why you look like a FBI agent or?”

“Duh, isn’t it obvious?”

“We are out of your school range so you can take your costume off now.” My hand slid the hood of his light brown coat down, revealing her blonde hair tied in a messed up ponytail.

“That was so nerve-wrecking.” She shrieked. “For a second there I thought about ditching you instead of school.” She frantically rubbed her face before untying the messy ponytail and smoothing her hair.

“I’m offended.” I faked a hurt expression, making her crack a giggle. “You’re making a big deal out of nothing. Seriously, if you weren’t wearing sunglasses in a cloudy day, nobody would notice you.” I pointed.

“Of course they would.” She scoffed, waving a hand at me. “Because of my striking beauty.” Her white teeth showed when a huge cocky grin spread across her face.

“Then I’m the conceited one.” I shook my head, throwing an arm over her shoulder to pull her close.

“I was kidding…or was I?” Brooklyn finally put her sunglasses up from her eyes to her hair, looking at me with an inquisitive look before it turned into a frown.

“What’s wrong?” My eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

“Have you seen your bruises? They’re ten times worse than Saturday!” She stopped in the middle of the street, cupping my face softly in her hands. Her expression was somewhat scolding while she examined my features like it was my fault I got punched. “How could you forget to put on some ice when we got to your house?” Her eyes met mine as her voice sounded like my mother’s.

“Well, someone had other plans in mind for that night.” I smirked and watched as her eyes immediately darted away from mine and her face went red with embarrassment. Her cold hands dropped from my face as she started walking away like she does everytime I upset her.