Chapter 2

21st December 2015

Lauren allowed herself to cry a little on the way to the airport, she felt so betrayed and let down. She was stupid to believe that Chris would stay faithful to her, she was no model, she was just an ordinary girl. In the back of her mind she had always had the feeling that their relationship wouldn't last long, another girl would catch his eye.

She had seen his past girlfriends, she paled in comparison to them. Sometimes she wondered why he dated her, she was nothing special and she didn't find herself particularly attractive. The trash mags had made it glaringly obvious that she was a step down compared to his ex's.

At the airport she checked in and made her way through security, finally ending up in departures. She grabbed herself a coffee and sat down, she still had an hour before she was due to board. She pulled out her phone and saw a few missed calls from Anton. She sighed as she dialled into her voicemail.

"Hey Lauren, call me when you can. Chris is worried about you, he thought you came to mine. Where are you? I'm worried about you too."

She hung up and took a sip of her coffee before dialling another number.

"Katie? it's Lauren, I'm at the airport. I managed to get a flight out last minute. I land about 4pm your time tomorrow."

"Okay, that's fine. I'll be home, you wanna tell me what's happened?"

"Not yet and please don't push it. I'll tell you everything when I get there."

"Fine, not pushing anything..you going to see your mum first?"

"I suppose I have to, I'll get a Cheering round of ' told you so' from her. Anyway I have to go, I'll see you later."

She hung up and made her way to the boarding gate.

Chris ran into the terminal and scanned the crowds, it was even busier than normal, Christmas was only a few days away and everyone was either going away or welcoming people for the holidays.

He found the departures screen and scanned the flights leaving. He found a flight bound for Heathrow leaving in twenty minutes. It was a British Airways flight, he looked around for their desk. Finding if he ran over, "You have a flight leaving for London,  I need to be on that plane, please!" The girl on the desk looked at him and let out a small gasp.

"Oh my God, you're Chris Pine." She squeaked. "Hey, yeah nice to meet you, but I really need to get on that plane." Chris said hurriedly.  "I'm sorry Sir, there's no seats available and I'm afraid there's nothing till the 28th of December." He slammed his hand down on the counter before walking away from the desk and called Lauren again, it rang out.

He ran his hand through his hair in frustration. He called his agent and begged her to find him a flight before returning to his car and driving back to his house. He let himself in, throwing the car keys on the kitchen counter he went into the fridge and pulled out a beer.

He walked into the lounge and looked at the Christmas tree that they had lovingly decorated only the other day. He had been excited to spend his first Christmas with her and he'd had a surprise for Lauren. He knelt down and looked for where he'd hidden the small box.

He took it and sat down, running his thumb over the soft velvet before opening it to reveal a ring. It was silver with a single small diamond, he knew she didn't like flashy jewellery so had picked a ring that was small and simple.

He had known for about a month now that he wanted to marry her, she had come into his life at a time when things had started to get a little crazy and wild for him. At first he just wanted a bit of fun with her, she was different. She initially rejected his advances, but he had been determined and she gave in eventually.

He soon found himself thinking about her all the time and eventually he fell in love with her. He asked her to move in two months ago and it was the best thing he'd ever done. He loved having her in his bed every night, holding her while she slept. He smiled slightly, her sexual appetite matched his own. He sometimes found her to be insatiable, going all night till they were both spent and had no energy left.

He swore in his head as he imagined making love to her and felt himself getting a little excited. He got up and put the box back, chucking the bottle into the trash he went upstairs. He took a long shower, trying to rid himself of the pounding in his head.

Once he got out he chucked on a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt, laying on the bed he tried Lauren again, this time it went straight through to voicemail.

"Lauren, I know where you've gone. Please just let me know you're okay. I'm sorry."

He hung up and put his phone on the bedside table. He laid down facing the side that Lauren slept on, he wished he could hold her, stroke her hair and tell her everything was going to be okay between them. he stretched his arm over to her side then he moved over to her side, burying his head into her pillow and smelling her shampoo, he soon fell into a fitful sleep.