Chapter 5

Peter woke the next day to find he was still lying on the floor of the bedroom, right in front of the door. He had cried himself to sleep apparently, his cheeks were still sticky from the dried up tears. He got up and plodded into the bathroom. He freshened up by washing his face and changing his clothes. He exited the bathroom feeling better than he had ten minutes ago and made his out of the bedroom. There was no sight of Wade. Peter looked in all the other rooms including the kitchen, Wade wasn’t there.

‘He must have gone somewhere,’ Peter thought, ‘he’s probably just trying to clear his mind. Oh I wish I wasn’t so harsh on him. I’m probably just making his life harder than it already is.’

Peter sighed and headed outside. He needed to forget about his thoughts for a while as well. He started walking to the park, they same one he and Wade were at yesterday.

He entered the park to find Wade sitting on one of the benches, hoodie up and deep in thought, nervousness written all over his face.

‘Why is he nervous?’ Peter wondered.

He quietly approached Wade, wearing a sad smile. He was still sorry about all the things he had told Wade yesterday, they just spilled out of his mouth. He did that often when he was angry.

“Hey,”

“Oh, Peter. Hi. I’m just here for some… you know… fresh air and stuff.” Wade replied.

{Oh no, we can’t lie to Peter again.}

[Why the fuck you lying? Why you always lying? Mmm, oh my God. Stop fucking lying!]

{“Mmm” like MMMBop! Oh, the good old Hanson days!}

[We know, you guys missed us in the last chapter. Oh yeah! The boys are back!]

(“Oh no…” mling5 sighed)

{Mmmbop, ba duba dop, ba du bop, ba duba dop, ba du bop, ba duba dop, ba du, yeah…}

In response to all the noise in his head, Wade started banging it with his fist.

‘Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!’ Wade thought, angrily.

This alarmed Peter, “Wade stop! Please! Wade!”

It was in situations like these where Peter felt helpless, like the worst boyfriend that ever existed. But he still tried, for Wade. So he grabbed Wade’s wrists tightly, forcing him to stop. Wade was breathing deep and fast, in and out, practically panting.

“Wade, please tell me. Are you alright?”

“Peter, I’m sorry you have to see me like this ninety nine percent of the time. And the other one percent… ah forget it!”

“Wade, please don’t think like that. You’re amazing just the way you are…”

[“And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while…”]

{“‘Cause girl you’re amazing, just the way you are…”}

(“Omg, I love that song...” mling5 cried)

“Uh, Wade? What are you humming?”

“Oh! Nothing…”

[Awkward…]

{Agreed.}

“Never mind that,” Peter continued, still confused like he usually was with his boyfriend, “but I wan’t you to know-”