Meet the trio

"Are we there yet!??" Katrine asked anxiously
"Calm down we are almost there, can't you see it" Josette pointed in the distance. New York was a city of new opportunities and adventure. Josette was just as excited as her best friend Katrine but not nearly as crazy about it. They were talking about all of the things they planned to do while they were there.
"Now it's just for the one thing then we will be back on the boat" Newt said trying to sound serious.
"Now we know that's a load of malarkey Newt" Katrine stated and crossed her arms in a motherly fashion, Newt smiled ear to ear. It was true. Newt wanted to sight see just as much as the girls did. Newt glanced at his sister and Katrine smiled softly.
"This is the happiest I've seen her, I don't think we should just spend a day here when it took nearly a month to get there" Katrine spoke convincingly  and Newt smiled softly.
"Your right, Josette isn't happy about much. Seeing her looking at the city reminds me of the happy sister I had before" he seemed satisfied by the twinkle in his sister's eyes, he sat back on the bench and his case jiggled.
"Now now" he picked up the case "we will be there soon, calm yourselves" he said and the case settled and the sound of Katrine's laughter rang into his ear. He looked up at her and smiled softly.
"Yes?" He raised an eyebrow with a cheeky smile.
"You look completely mental, I hope you realize that" Katrine sat beside him and rested her head on the case hearing the sounds in it and she just chuckled softly. She jumped at the latch coming undone. She closed it back up.
"Startle you did they?" Newt looked at her and she nodded softly.
"They always want to play" Katrine cheerfully spoke.
"Indeed, they want to run through the streets like no one's business. I won't let that happen though, they can't roam free around here. Or really anywhere unless it's scholarly" spoke Newt. He glanced back up at his sister who was still staring intoxicatingly at the city as it became closer. Katrine was half asleep on his suitcase, he just leaned back and smiled. He was glad to seem them both so happy, he was very happy as well. He looked at what he could see and it seemed all so fantastic. New York was a place for them, it looked so exciting and fresh.
~*~ off the boat~*~
Customs. Customs were the devil in disguise, lines of people from everywhere and just coming back from business. Newt was in front of the girls and was being interviewed like a criminal.
"Any food?" The customs officer asked
"No" a flat reply came from Newt
"Livestock?" The officer asked.
Pop! The lock came undone again. He had to fix it but he stood there for a moment, innocently as possible.
"Have to get that fixed" he murmured. Katrine and Josette watched the scenario fall out and it was honestly a nail biter.
"Can I look in your case" the officer asked Newt and Newt obliged as if he had nothing to hide.
Josette caught he flipped the switch over to muggle worthy. She cracked a small smile and Katrine just looked suspicious of Newt but then realized what he was doing. Eventually he was cleared and so were the girls. Now they had to go roam the streets for a while. That was perfectly okay with all of them. That's what they wanted. New York let's go!

~*~ Hope you liked that, I promise I'll be updating more. School gets in the way of fun things like writing. I'll be putting up a short story I've been working on for creative writing so keep your eyes out ^.^ ~*~