Sound of Destruction

Josette's POV

After all the sheer romance that Percival and I had ended up endeavoring. It was now time for a genuine wonder where Newt had gone. Newt was missing for 24 hours. As hours passed on this second day and rumors amongst the building that a man was murdered by a creature was clearly false. A meeting was called, I knew this wasn't good. Hours ticked by and finally and image of the body floating around the room. The president of MACUSA claiming it was my brothers fault was wrong...I wanted to interrupt. Percival hadn't looked at me since last night, like I was some stress relief.  His eyes showed fear, everyone's did.
"Graves, Who is this?" The president looked at me.
"Her name is Josette Scamander, an unlicensed wizard who came with her brother" he started. "and the brother?" She asked. "Missing".
I swallowed hard. "Ms. Scamander, how long has you brother been reported missing..?" She asked, I stood up slowly and approached the floor where heavy stares on me, I wanted to cry. I swallowed hard, tears brimming in my eyes. I look at Percival who seemed unconvinced by my actions. "M-Madame President...M-My brother i-isn't missing..." I managed to choke out. She raised a brow and then out of nowhere Tina came in.
"Madame I only need one second of you ti.....me" she said.
"Goldstein this better be good." She crossed her arms and I glanced at Percival and I just wanted to be held again.
"Ma'am. These wizards came into New York looking for a creature and well there was an issue at a bank which caused all the creatures to get out, and well one bit a no mag."
"Where is the other wizard?" She asked and I looked at Tina, she was going to betray us.
"Here" she knocked on the case and put popped the No Mag and my brother Newt.
"You are aware of this Ms. Scamander?" She asked.
"Yes...but I promise you that none of these creatures would hurt anyone unless they fee threatened." I replied.
"A MAN WAS MURDERED! Have you any idea how serious this is?!" She barked and I nearly stumbled over my feet. Newt held my hand, then the floating body above our heads said it all. I gasped and Newt spoke up "That's no creature....that's an obscureal....can't you see it. Look at the marks" he said
"Mr. Scamander there are no obscureals in New York. Impound that case Graves, arrest these wizards and take the no mag, I want him obliviated" the president said and then graves took away the case and the next thing I knew was, I was bound. "NO! PLEASE! THEY ARENT DANGEROUS!!!!" I shout and cry and scream as much as I could.
"They're not dangerous, don't hurt my creatures, they aren't dangerous!" Newt shouted. "We will be the judges of that..." The woman responded. I looked at Percival and he didn't even spare me some form of hopeful look, other than in hate and disappointment. I was balling and screaming on the top of my lungs as we were carried away. My heart shatter, it was more then just being arrested, it was more then the creatures, My love....I was betrayed and used as an item...nothing more. A lie. When we were locked up, I slammed myself against the bars. "LET ME OUT! I CAN EXPLAIN!!!!!" No response. "PERCIVAL I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME!" I sob out. After agonizing waits, we were taken to an interrogation room. Graves was there. I sat in the furthest chair away from him. Not a word out of me. Newt looked at me and so did Tina. As if I were suffering some horrible pain.....like I was kicked like a homeless puppy in the rain.
"Josette..." Percival's voice spoke. "Let's start with you....." He added and I didn't look at him. "Talk to me" he said, I shook my head. Slowly. Empty inside, my eyes empty and my heart, devoured by shame.
"I loved you....." I managed to choke out. Tina's jaw dropped and eyes went wide, Newt looked sadder then he ever did.  "I gave you my body...." I added, All Percival did was just stare at me and looked as if none of it was true, then I knew....his love was a lie and it was for nothing.