Chapter One

Chapter One

"Ah, there is my little lamb."

A shiver ran down her spine when Kei Hyakuya recognized that voice. That voice belonged to a certain noble, his name was Crowley Eusford. Kei always offered him her blood, just like her brother Mika did with offering his to Ferid Barthory, another noble.

Okay, to set things straight, Mika wasn't her blood related brother and Hyakuya wasn't her real last name. She didn't even know her real last name. Kei lived in the orphanage since she was three years old and also was the oldest of the family, with her age of fourteen.

Since, during the virus, every person over thirteen had died, Kei was glad that she had made it past thirteen, as she didn't know if the virus was also spread in the underground world of Sanguinem.

"I'm sorry I'm late, Lord Crowley. My brother Yuichiro had a few problems." She chuckled nervously and scratched the back of her head. Her and Mika went with the same story in front of the nobles. That Yuu was shy and a problem child. He was the latter though, he didn't want Mika and Kei to give their blood to nobles just so that they could get food or other supplies they needed.

Crowley, with his constantly misleading smile, clicked his tongue and then leaned down to her neck, taking in her scent. "What a shame that he doesn't want you to spend time with me. After all, you do get a better life, don't you? With two nobles offering your low family food and whatever."

Kei gulped and quickly nodded "He's just protective, that's all." She heard Crowley hum lowly, before she felt his fangs dig into her delicate skin at her neck. A gasp left Kei's lips as she closed her eyes, feeling Crowley grab her arms so she would stay where she was.

Kei patiently stayed in her spot until she finally felt his fangs retract and his grip loosen on her. "The older you get, the better you taste, my dear lamb." Crowley said with his smile and a blush out of embarrassment spread over her cheeks as she didn't respond to his words.

"Hush now, I think your family is waiting for you." Crowley said and patted her head, before waving her off. Kei nodded and bowed, before leaving. She needed to get to him as much as she could so they could one day leave this damn place. After all, her dream job wasn't to be a professional livestock.

On her way back to their quite come down home, she met Mika, who probably had just come from Ferid. "Kei-san! I have great news!" He said excitedly, smiling brightly at his older sister. She tilted her head slightly at him "What do you mean?" "I'll tell you and Yuu when we get back home, you'll love it, I'm sure of that." Mika replied, before they then continued to make their way back.

When they arrived at home, the rest was already asleep. They did come back late, so it wasn't a surprise to see their siblings asleep. While Kei went to get them something to eat, Mika headed up the stairs to check on their siblings. Judging from hearing him talk, someone — most likely Yuu — was awake.

Kei took their portions of curry that Akane made and took them to the table. And while she had looked through their food stockings, she realized that they had more than enough food for the next day or two. Probably because of Ferid and Crowley.

Kei sat at the table and waited patiently for Mika to come, when she saw that he was accompanied by Yuu. She gave Yuu a bright smile and said "Hey there grumpy face." Immediately he protested, sitting down in front of her and not looking at her. Mika headed to the kitchen and came back with a third portion of curry, handing it to Yuu while saying "You haven't eaten your portion, right?"