Chapter Three

Chapter Three

"Come out, come out, wherever you are!"

The voice of Crowley Eusford rang through the room, a hint of cheeriness was in his voice. He was probably cheerful, that he could feast upon the blood of a child. The eleven year old girl had actually been so stupid to offer her blood in exchange of things she and her family would need. And now, that it's come this far, that she'd be giving him her blood in a short while, she hoped she could still back out.

The eldest of the Hyakuya family hid in a closet. It's a typical hideout but who cares? Maybe she'd get around it. "I can smell you in there, Hyakuya." Crowley then replied with a smug tone and headed towards the closet, which made Kei pause.

"If you want to impersonate a horrible memory of mine, pay better attention to the detail, Sakamoto."

Kei heard a snicker, as then the scenery changed into nothing but white and a figure appeared before her. A boy, about five feet tall maybe, blue hair and dark eyes. Her demon. Sakamoto loved to fool around with Kei's mind, which actually pissed her off sometimes, depending on the situations.

"Oh come on, why won't you lend me your body? If I took over, your powers would only be enhanced even more." Sakamoto said, which only resulted in Kei shaking her head and saying "Nice try, but no, sorry to disappoint you." Her demon sighed and crossed his arms in front of his chest "You're being mean now, Kei. Come on, just for a little while..." "I've said it once, I'll say it twice, but I won't repeat myself after that. The answer is no."

With a start, Kei shot up in her bed and calmed her heavy breathing to calm her heart. Even years after her escape of Sanguinem, she was still having nightmares. It disturbed her. She just couldn't get rid of those. But she knew, if she truly wanted to forget, she'd have to kill Crowley. She knew that, after that, she'd finally be able to sleep peacefully.

Taking a look at the clock, the black haired female forced herself out of bed and got to her feet, heading to her closet to grab her uniform, before getting changed. She combed through her slightly curled black hair with her brush, pulling it over to her left side and braiding it. She used some gel to slick back her hair that was on the right side of her head, so she wouldn't have anything blocking her sight on her right eye when she'd shoot.

She then took one last glance at herself in the mirror, before she turned around and left her room wondering what mission would await her today.

"Are you kidding me?"

Apparently, Kei would have to work with Shinoa's squad today. They'd have to head to Shinjuku to protect the district from vampires that were supposed to be attacking today. "You want me to work with Hiragi?" She asked and raised an eyebrow at Guren, who sat in front of her, his feet rested up on his desk.

The black haired male only yawned and nodded "Yes. You got a problem with that?" A sigh left Kei's lips and she calmly responded "With all due respect sir, Shinoa Hiragi is in no way a good squad leader, let alone good enough to control her own squad when they're accompanied by another."

Guren tilted his head a little and replied "Who said that Shinoa will lead this mission? You're a Lieutenant, Kei, you're going to lead the mission." "Yes, but si-" "No buts, Kei. Go gather your squad and meet up with Shinoa's. Dismissed." Guren strictly shot back. Kei's hands formed to fists as she nodded and mumbled "Yes, sir." Then she turned around and left his office.