Chapter Four

"Well, well, it's started. They're really attacking us."

Guren mused as he looked through his mini telescope, watching the vampires down below. "So, I wonder where the commander is."

"I've got an eye on him. Can I shoot him?" A voice rang through the intercom he was connected with. He chuckled to himself "You shouldn't even be back on the field."

"Doesn't matter. I've got free range. Can I shoot?" The woman asked again and Guren sighed "Not yet, we still have to wait a little." "No we don't, I have the chance to assault and I want to use it."

"You're my subordinate, you listen to my orders. I say, don't approach." An annoyed groan sounded through the intercom and he heard the woman mutter "I'm on standby." Guren nodded, knowing that she couldn't see it though.

"Woah. Holy shit, he can sense me from this distance?" Kei heard Guren all of a sudden say and sighed, replying "Of course he can, idiot. He's a noble, what else do you expect." She was begging silently to get the allowance to approach that asshole. She hated Ferid with all her heart.

"You should just attack him, y'know?" Sakamoto said, appearing behind Kei and looking over her shoulder. Kei sighed and muttered "I'm supposed to be on standby." "Since when do you follow his rules?"

A short moment of silence lingered over them, before Kei mumbled "Oh for fucks sake..."

She saw Guren and his group come out of the building and grinned "They won't mind me attaching their commander early, will they?"

"Hyakuya, don't you even dare!" Guren yelled through the intercom, but she didn't care. She aimed for Barthory and fired, a silent bullet curving through the air, even hitting Ferid as he jumped out of the way. A smirk spread on her lips as she jumped off of the building, not bothering about her landing — she'd land on her feet anyways.

"DAMNIT KEI!" She heard Guren shout as she landed on her feet, already swinging her fist at the first vampire that dared to go near her. She only snickered as she heard his frustration.

Kei fought her way to the place that Ferid stood, already awaiting her. She noticed a blur of blond zooming past her and immediately swung her weapon at it, stabbing the vampire with the dagger like part of her bayonet.

Just as she was about to activate the curse, she recognized the blonde vampire, making her eyes widen. Oh boy, this day sure is full of surprises and Kei didn't like any of them.

"K-Kei-nee-san?" He asked her, his blue eyes wide as he stared at her in shock. In his eyes she could see that he had already given up all hope for her being alive. But there she stood.

"If you're as impertinent as to dare to interrupt the mission, then at least activate the damn curse, Hyakuya." Guren called over as he fought his way over to them.

Out of the corner of her eye, Kei noticed three vampires approaching them. She ripped her weapon out of Mika and swung it at one vampire, killing him, before killing the other two by kicking — yes, kicking — their heads off with full force.

A few vampires nearby froze in shock as they noticed what power she held, only to be killed by soldiers of the JIDA. Kei noticed the rain that began to pour down on them, ignoring it, as she continued to shoot at vampires that dared to get close to her.