Chapter 7

"I selected a unisex dorm, so who knows if you will have a male or female roommate." I nodded and smiled, she was trying and that is what counts. "I love you mom." I said as I pulled my things out of the car. She smiles and nods, I watch as the vehicle takes off. Hopefully my life from now on is full of adventure. On September 6th 2016, my life away from my family started. Suddenly I am pushed forward and I topple over my luggage. "Oh! I'm sorry." Said a familiar voice, for an unknown reason it was soothing. "It's okay, I'm okay." I reply as she giggles. Turning to see her face, I trip once more. I then took her along with me and she laid on me as I hit the cement. "Sorry-" I shout as I notice her face. "Erza!" I scream as I hug her, her eyes widen and her eyebrows scrunch together. "Um... You know me? I know you? who are you?" I laugh, of course she wouldn't remember me; I was basically a no one to her. "I knew you in elementary to middle school; Christopher Avery." I say as I hoist myself upward and then I help her. "Chris!" She screams as she hugs me. I guess I wasn't as insignificant to her as I had thought. As we stroll in the dorm we talk about what happened when we were apart.

We stop at my room and I drop my things off. Erza then had to leave so I toured around the dorm. "Dude, did you see Dakota today? He looks pretty happy; do you think he met a girl?" A dark haired man asks as a brunette girl rolls her eyes, "Or slept with a girl. What girl on campus hasn't slept with him?" Does that mean Erza did? Hopefully she hasn't, I don't want her getting hurt. "The new girls haven't yet. Wait is that a confession that you have?" He asks as he laughs, she stammers and shakes her head. It was obvious that she had.

I stop to see that a very small girl was falling over a somewhat average height man. "Oomph" He shouted out in pain. With two guys in the corner snickering I had noticed something, they tripped her. Slowly she picks up a pair of his pants and her eyes widen, did she finally realize that she had tripped over a guy? One of the men that had tripped her looked as though he was about to talk but he shouted instead. "Hey, Kota looks like you have girls just falling all over you." Oh wow, that was so stupid. "Ugh" I scoffed in amusement from his stupidity, rolling my eyes I look from the laughing boys to Dakota. Apparently I've found the "famous" Dakota. I then noticed the girl; I was left in awe for the first time. Her long black hair was down her back and front, her shirt was a sweetheart neckline with blue bell bottoms, and her blue eyes reminded me of Mia in so many ways yet they were so different. I could only look at her, she had left me speechless. For the first time, silence was not petrifying; our eye contact was so intense that others were uncomfortable, whoa. Was this attraction between two people?

One of the two boys who had tripped this girl saw how I had reacted to her looks. "Hey bro back off, this babe was Dakota's." he shouts as he scruffs my shirt. The young lady saw what he was doing and kicked him in the shoulder. No one had fought for me since Erza, I was touched. The guy falls to the ground and we all laugh "Shorty's got some punch" one stranger shouts. I was left in awe once again; she is amazing. Now towering over her I had noticed our height difference, I was 6'8 and she was somewhere around 5'3; I must of scared her. I tried to talk but I was speechless, I have never felt this way before. Dakota decides to speak as he noticed our expressions. "Why haven't you said a word? I mean that kick, wow but do you have a weird voice or something?"

Still staring at me as I am staring back she blushes, "Her laugh is adorable either way." I mumble under my breath; she then exhales deeply through her nose as she smiles. "Are you a first year in high school? Or as some call it... a newbie?" Dakota asks with a smile, the young woman sighed furiously as she shakes her head. "Are you kidding me? I'm not that short! I'm a junior." She replied somewhat agitated, she's in my grade? My heart starts to pound and my palms became sweaty. "Y-you probably have to get to your dorm? I- uh I'll take you" I stupidly stuttered as her lips pierce shut.