Chapter III

I hope you guys enjoy this one, I am very sorry that It came a little late but better than nothing

I do NOT own the metal gear franchise or any of the original characters of the game at all...

Enjoy

ELIJAH

As Elijah stood before, to whom he sees as an angelic teenage girl, he noticed her golden eyes staring back at him with surreal clarity. And although they've just met and didn't know a thing about one another, he could tell that she was... different. Snapping himself out of his short-lived trance, he raised his hand and reached out to touch her. But before he could, she flinched. Of course Elijah expected this kind of reaction from her, so he couldn't blame her for doing so. But the moment he softly touched her cheek, he felt her relax. He assumed that she wasn't expecting this, especially not after witnessing what he had done to three of her classmates' just mere minutes ago.

Her skin felt soft against his own, the complete opposite to how his own felt, all thanks to the scars he received from his past. Elijah soon removed his hand and stepped forward, taking the empty seat that was right next to the she stood behind. He sat there in silence as he stared down at his hands. His thoughts were clouded by how disgusted he was at what they could and can do to a person. He knew that someone like him shouldn't be around a girl like the one he was sitting next to... but he was. He just sat there with his attention focused on his arms, which were also riddled with just as many scars as his hands. He could easily remember that most of his injuries were caused by a variety of different blades while the rest came from clawed animals he encountered. But evidently, his arms and hands weren't the only places riddled with scars. His entire body was.

With his eyes closed for a moment, he felt something slowly streaming down his arm. He snapped his eyes open and immediately glanced at his shoulder. He could clearly see blood slowly exiting the wound one of the boys had inflicted with their switchblade. He couldn't exactly remember which one had done it, but at that moment, that was the least of his worries.

"Shit...! This was my favorite shirt!" Elijah mumbled to himself.

Seeing his blood dripping to the floor, he quickly wiped away the single trail with his thumb. After cleaning his arm, he licked his thumb so he didn't mistakenly smear it anywhere else. He then took his finger and placed it inside the wound, checking to see just how deep the cut was. After a minute or so of examining the injury, Elijah concluded that the cut was at least two inches deep. There was a burning pain lingering inside and around the wound, but he ignored it. Knowing that he had to find a way to stop the bleeding, and with no spare bandage wrap lying around, he rips off his ruined shirt sleeve and tears it so that it was one long piece of cloth. He ripped the other sleeve off to make the cloth longer, and to help make his shirt look even. He then takes both ripped pieces of fabric, ties them together and wraps it around the wound. Once he was sure that the makeshift bandage was covering the wound completely, he ties the two ends together, securing the fabric firmly in place.

"There. That ought to hold until I get home." He murmured to himself as he knots the two ends together for a second time.

"What are you doing?" Elijah heard a soft, feminine voice ask.

He jerked his head up sharply and turned into the direction he heard the voice. There he saw a girl dressed in a light blue dress. She had a dark complexion with her long black hair styled in braids. As she stood before Elijah, she looked at him with a confused expression on her face. Elijah also noticed her staring at his wounded shoulder and the burn mark that looked like a tattoo.