2

Akura-Ou rarely dreamed but, when he did, his dreams were filled with memories.

Some of those memories were of the time with Tomoe (fire, blood, panic, destruction), some with a woman (love, warmth, acceptance, home) and some... Some memories were of a time after the people he came to care about (destruction, desperation, fear) and a time when his body was in the land of the dead.

Akura-Ou couldn't say he liked his dreams. He preferred reality he could (somewhat) bend to his will. Dreams... Dreams could bring ruin and feelings he never wished to feel again. Finding (Name) again was a blessing. She was home. She was love. She was everything Akura-Ou wished to protect, the only one the demon never wanted to bring harm to. Happiness was a rare emotion for Akura-Ou but when he stumbled upon (Name), alive and well, happiness almost made him giddy.

The demon in human skin made a decision to win his reincarnated lover once he took his body back. Nothing, not even decaying flesh of that human boy, could stop him in his endeavour. Once Akura-Ou completed one part of his plan, he immediately went to finish the other. The demon was aware that (Name) was a reincarnated soul, that she might never remember him but he certainly did not regret intercepting (Name) on her way home.

Orange and brown leaves fell around the two as they stared at one another. Akura-Ou hid his insecurity with smugness and usual cocky confidence as he awaited (Name)'s terror and the inevitable running away. It didn't happen though. (Name) did look afraid but a confused recognition kept her rooted to the spot and Akura-Ou felt hope for the first time in his long life.

"I know you." (Name)'s whispered words kissed his ears. Her voice, though trembling, was like harmony in a chaotic whirlpool life was.

"And I know you." The demon smirked, feeling his heart beat heavily in his chest. He couldn't stand having her near and not touch her. Tenderly, lovingly, he cupped her cheek and brushed his clawed thumb over (Name)'s blushing cheekbone. "Well... I knew you in another life, a life which feels like another world entirely. I will win you over again."

"I am confused." (Name) claimed but did nothing to remove his touch. Akura-Ou was certain, she didn't even notice that she leaned into the palm of his hand.

"I know." He was confused as well despite how much he prepared for this fated meeting.

"What do you want?"

"You."

Akura-Ou wanted nothing less, nothing more than (Name). Too much time has already passed since the last time he had her by his side. The demon was determined to have (Name) with him forever.