chapter two

we walked across the street just as the boys' parents were getting in the car. their mom saw us and said,
-
"Maddi! Blake! I'm so happy you're here. Justin's not taking this well at all, when I told him he ran up to his room and hasn't come out since."
-
"oh my gosh! I'm gonna go talk to him!" I yelled as I ran inside.
-
when I got inside I looked out the window and Blake was still talking to Justin's mom. I ran up the stairs and knocked on Justin's door.
-
"jay?" I called through the door.
-
"who is it?" he called.
-
"it's me, Maddi."
-
I heard him sniffle and realized that he was crying. I immediately started crying because two of my best friends were in a car accident and might not make it. it just hit me that they might not make it to be 17.
-
Justin opened the door and just looked at me. we were both in tears, but he was broken. I reached forward and hugged him and whispered,
-
"are you okay?"
-
he sniffled and responded,
-
"no."
-
he sniffled again and tucked his head in the crook of my neck. he started crying again and his tears soaked my shoulder. we stood there until Blake came upstairs.
-
"hey, you okay?"
-
Justin didn't look up, he just whispered,
-
"not really."
-
"okay, well I'm gonna go to the hospital, okay Mads? are you good to stay here with Justin for the night? I'll be back later but I might just go home after I get back." Blake said with a certain sadness in his voice.
-
"yeah, we'll be okay. see you later."
-
by now, Justin had looked up to say goodbye to Blake.
-
after Blake left, Justin looked a bit better. he walked over to his bed and sat down; I sat beside him. he looked down and started playing with his fingers.
-
"are you okay?"
-
I asked him; I was a bit worried because he hadn't said anything in a couple minutes.
-
"mhm," was all he mumbled.
-
he looked up and had tears in his eyes.
-
"no you're not. you're not okay, and that's fine. it's okay not to be okay."
-
I hugged him and he started crying uncontrollably.
-
"hey, it's okay, Justin. they're gonna be okay. I'm here, I got you. you're okay," I tried my best to comfort him.
-
it broke my heart to see him like this. just a hopeless, broken teenager.
________________________________

bam, another chapter. I'll probably update again later today because I really enjoy reading the next chapter, so be on the lookout for that. also, if y'all could maybe share this with some friends if you like it?
{410}