Chapter 3: I'm Sorry

Kora's pov

"Kora wake your ass up!" My mom yells at me from downstairs. I groan and get up walking to my closet. Man I'm not ready for school, I just want to be in bed and stay there forever just me, myself, and I. I put on some black skinny jeans and throw on an oversized black hoodie not bothering to put on a shirt underneath since it's that awkward time when it's cold in the morning, but pretty hot in the afternoon, I hate it. Then I put my hair in a ponytail, put on my black converse and start heading downstairs.

"Make your own food, and clean out dishes." My mom says sternly putting her dirty dishes in the sink, I'm so tired of this.

"Wash them yourself." I mumble to myself hoping she wouldn't hear, but unfortunately God was not on my side clearly.

"The fuck did you say?" My mom turns towards me, "If you have something to say, say it to my face whore." She spats before punching me in the jaw, pretty hard if I do say so myself. "Now clean the fucking dishes and leave." She seethes while turning to head upstairs.

"Fuck." I mumble as I look at myself in the mirror only to see a bruise forming right on my cheek. I clean the dishes not bothering to eat anything and start walking to school since it's obvious Liz had already left.

~

I start walking into the school doors putting my hood on so no one notices the bruise on my face, but me trying to be invisible doesn't last for long.

"Look it's the whore who can't keep her legs closed." Beth sneers laughing at me a long with a group of people. "Tell me Kora, did you do all that for attention? Attention whore." She laughs and I feel tears forming in my eyes, I put my hand in my bag look for my pain reliever, panicking more when I couldn't find it.

"Shut the fuck up Beth." I look up surprised to see Eren standing there furious with what seems like black eyes, am I imagining things?

Beth look up surprised and bows her head? Why is she bowing her head? Anyways Eren is still glaring at her until she backs away and he starts coming towards me.

"Are you okay?" Eren asks worriedly.

"Yeah I'm okay, thank you." I look up at him, his eyes zoom into and his face turns into anger.

"What the fuck happened?" He growls, wait did he growl?

"Nothing, I gotta get to class." I pull my hood to cover the side of my face more and start turning, but Eren surprises me my grabbing my wrist.

"Tell me what happened." His eyes soften while looking at me, and I get that safe feeling from him again.

"I can't tell you, I'm sorry." My voice cracks, for some reason I wanted to tell him, but I knew if I did he'd hate me like everyone else and I don't think I can handle that.

"Hey, you can trust me. Please." He pleads.

"I'm sorry." My voice cracks and I rip away from his grip walking into the restroom. Why did that hurt so much? Seeing him like that, I felt so bad I just wanted to tell him. I go into the stall and reach for the only thing that can make me feel better, my razor. I pull down my pants and start going over the cuts that have already scarred over. Why am I like this?

~

Once school it over I head out the front doors and start walking home.

"Hey you want a ride?" I turn to see Eren there in his car.

"No, I'll walk thank you." I give him a polite smile.

"Come on, it's just one ride." He says still slowly following me.

"Alright sure." I walk over to the other side and get in, wow it smells like a new car.

"I wanna show you something." He does a U-turn going the complete opposite way from my house.

"Eren, I have to get home." If I'm not home before my mom she'll just beat me again.

"And I will get you home I'm sure your family won't mind." He smirks, oh, but they will. I just nod and look out the window not wanting to think what awaits for me once I get home.

Around 30 minutes pass of Eren driving until we stop in an area surrounded by woods, it's beautiful.

"We're not there yet." We both step out of the car and he gets a hold of my hand making me blush a bit feeling the sparks. We walk for 10 more minutes before we get to a clearing of a lake with a small waterfall, the water is crystal blue and there are deer's roaming it a long with other wildlife.

"It's so beautiful." I say in amazement looking at it's beauty.

"I know." He says pulling me making my hoodie sleeve go down, before I can pull it down his eyes scan it. "What the fuck is that?" His eyes go black again and he pulls both my sleeves up. "Why?" His voice cracks.

"I'm sorry." Is all I can say before tears start streaming down my face. This hurt so much for him to find out, but I don't know why it did. I felt so connected to him even though we just met, why am I feeling like this?