Chapter 7

As I straighten my hair for school, I can barely keep my eyes open. Cameron hasn't left my mind, and I really wish he would. I don't want to like him. I mean, I do, but I don't. It's complicated. On one hand, he's so cute, he's so nice to me, he's funny, and he likes to look out for me. On the other hand though, he could hurt me, he flirts with almost every girl in school, and I don't know if he can handle me. I mean, I'm not a lot to handle, but with my past and all... It could get overwhelming.

Once I finish my hair, I put on my outfit. I slip on an off white dress with a red and green colored flannel over it. I put my arrow necklace around my neck. I slip on my brown Jeffery Cambells. I do my make up, grab my bag and phone, and head downstairs. I walk into the kitchen.

"Honey, you look beautiful!" My mother praises me.

"Thanks mom."

She hands me a plate of breakfast. I take it and sit next to Drew at the table.

"So, what made you decide to dress so nice?" Drew asks me with a smirk plastered on his face. I look at him questioningly.

"Maybe I just felt like dressing up today," I say, annoyed.

"Sure it's not for Cameron?" He asks me and begins to chuckle.

"Gah, shut up," I groan again.

"Y'all are so annoying. Y'all like each other but won't do anything about it," he says.

"We do not like each other."

"Well, he likes you."

"Whatever," I scoff.

"No, he seriously does," Drew says with a serious face. I can't lie, butterflies flutter in my stomach.

"Well, we should get to school soon," I inform him.

"Alright," he says and takes a deep breath.

"Love you mom," we both say to her.

"Love y'all. I'll be on the late shift again tonight, so I'll leave y'all some money if you order take out."

"Alright. We'll probably get some pizza or something," Drew says to her.

"Okay, well, go ahead to school before you're late. Love you both!"

Drew and I walk out to his car. I do my usual routine and plug my phone up. I go to my playlist of songs from favorite movie, The Jerk Theory. I click on the song, "Molly."

"Molly, Molly, is a girl,

Like no other in this world," I sing along to the song.

Sooner than wanted, we pull into the school. I cut my music off and turn off my phone. Today doesn't feel like one of those sucky Mondays. The breeze from the beach, which the school sits on, blows through my straight hair threatening to ruin it with waves. The sun shines brightly onto everything. I jump down from my seat in the hummer and check over myself. Flannel: good. Necklace: good. Dress: good. Shoes: good. I pop the heel up on my right foot and examine how they make my legs look. I feel like one of those Victoria Secret models. My legs look long, slim, and tan. I grab my bag from the floorboard of the truck and sling it over my shoulder. I stuff my phone into one of the built in pockets of my dress. I run my hand through my bangs to push them away from my face. Drew walks over to my side of the car.

"Are you done yet, princess?" He, annoyingly, asks. I roll my eyes and walk past him. I stand up straight and push my shoulders back making it obvious that I have confidence. I turn my head to the group of jocks who won't stop starring. I wave and smile at them. Half of their eyes widen and they look at me in shock. I turn back to the front and shake my head, laughing. I walk to my locker and grab my books for class.