Chapter 30

(WARNING: Part of this chapter may be too graphic for some readers.)

I reach my arm out for Cameron, but I don't feel anything. My eyes shoot open. The sun is out, and it's shining down on me, keeping me warmer in this freezing weather. I pull the covers off of me, and I walk inside. I walk into the kitchen, and Nan, Pop, and my mom are all seated at the table. I see a tall, muscular boy with short brown hair hovering over the stove. Drew stands beside him telling him a joke.

"Ah, good morning, Samantha!" My Nan greets me. I smile at her.

"What happened to your face?" She asks me. Shit.

"Oh, I woke up last night because I thought I heard something, and I hit my head on the corner of one of the walls. I don't know this place as well as I used to," I say and give a nervous laugh. She seems to believe it because she laughs and shakes her head. My mother smiles at me, and I do the same.

"Where's Shawn and Cameron?" I ask.

"I'm right here," I hear Cameron's voice say. The boy at the stove turns around, and I see it's Cameron. My eyes widen.

"I got a haircut. You like it?" He asks me. I nod my head. He looks older and... hotter, if that's possible. I pull my bottom lip between my teeth.

"So, you two made up?" My mother asks us.

"Fortunately, yes," Cameron says with a smile.

"Aw, good!" My mother cheers. I smile.

"You want some breakfast?" Cameron asks me. I nod. He winks at me before turning around to the stove.

"I'm gonna go upstairs and take a shower," I say to my mom.

"Okay, come down when you're done."

I nod and walk upstairs. Shawn cuts one of the corners, and I jump back.

"Woah, you okay?" He asks me with a small laugh.

"Yeah," I breathe. He puts his hand on my arm.

"You sure? You're shaking?"

"I'm still a little shaken from last night, that's all," I say with a shrug.

"Okay. If you need anything, let me know, okay?"

"Okay," I smile at him. He smiles and looks at my right hand.

"What's that?" He asks, pointing at the ring on my third finger. I swallow hard.

"Um, it was an early Christmas present from Cameron."

His face drops.

"Oh."

"Are you okay?" I ask him. His lips twitch into a smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

I know he's lying, but I decide to drop it. I smile at him a final time before going to my room.

After my shower, I put on an oversized cream sweater and a pair of tribal leggings. I brush my hair out before leaving the room. I jog down the stairs and back into the kitchen. Cameron is the only one in the kitchen, and he's cleaning dishes in the sink. I smile and walk over to him. I wrap my arms around his waist, and I rest my head on his back.

"Morning," he says to me.

"Morning."

"Did you sleep well?" He asks as he turns the water off. I let him go, and he turns to face me. I smile and nod. He leans his head down and pecks me on the lips. I still feel the spark when we kiss. It feels exactly like the first time when I pulled him behind Drew's hummer.