Chapter 15

Songs: Say Something- A Great Big World

Sun Shy- Dresses

No Interruptions- Hoodie Allen

These songs were kind of just a variety of songs I listened to as I wrote those chapter.

***

I swing the door open, and Cameron just looks at me. There's a little bit of blood coming from his swollen lip.

"Cameron! What the hell happened to you?!"

"I got in a fight," he blankly remarks.

"With who?"

"Jake."

"What?" I ask, confused.

"He started saying these things about you, and I told him to stop."

"What was he saying?" I quietly ask and look down.

"Does it matter? I need you to help me."

"Okay, get in here."

He steps inside and I point to the bathroom.

"Why would you try to fight him?" I ask.

"Because."

"But, your lip and your cheek-"

"You should see him," he cuts me off and smiles to himself. I laugh a little. I run cold water over a rag. I slide my left hand underneath his chin and lift his face up. I apply the rag to his swollen lip. I try to ignore the fact that he's starring a hole through me. I flicker my eyes over to meet his. He doesn't try to look away.

"Why are you starring at me?" I ask him. He shrugs. I blink my eyes and look away again.

"Hold this," I say to him and put his right hand up to the rag. I walk into my mother's bathroom and grab her first aid kit. I walk back into where Cameron is sitting and bandage the cut on his cheekbone. I go to grab the rag, and I see his knuckles are busted too. I gently dab his lip a few more times before pressing the rag to his knuckles. I grab some syringe wrap and wrap it over his knuckles. He winces at the pain, and I jump, pulling the syringe off of his cuts. He begins to laugh a little. I smile at him.

"What?" I ask.

"You jumped," he chuckles. I smile and look down. I grab his hand and examine his cuts.

"This may hurt a little bit," I warn him before wrapping the syringe on his knuckles again. He squints his eyes shut.

Once I bandage him up, we walk to the kitchen.

"Are you hungry?" I ask him. He shakes his head.

"Thanks for fixing me," he says. I smile at him, and he looks down with no expression.

"You're welcome."

It stays silent. It's stays, awkwardly, silent, and I don't like it.

"What do you wanna do?" I ask and get closer to him. Just as I get to him, he stands to his feet and continues not to look at me.

"I think I should go."

"What's wrong?" I finally ask. He never looks at me.

"Nothing."

"Lie again, Cameron. I know something is wrong. What is it?"

"I need to go, Sam."

"Fine, leave!" I loudly say and turn my back to him.

"Don't get mad at me. I didn't do anything?"

"You can't even look at me."

"I wish I could," he quietly says.