Chapter Sixteen - The Water God

Blair POV

I didn't know where I was heading, but I knew one thing. I am not staying anywhere close to here. I was literally a puddle of water slithering its way down the road. I had no eyes, no ears, no sense of smell but I had a sense of orientation. Instinctivily, I knew where I was going, like if I was walking instead of slithering.

After a few hours of wandering, I felt myself feeling parched. I was thirsty but how? How can a puddle of water be thirsty? Is that even possible? I tried not to think too hard, too many questions will cause me to panic. I'm already in a terrifying experience. It's not everyday you find out you can turn into water. I suddenly heard footsteps, thumping down on the cement. It was causing my water puddle to ripple. Without thinking, I slithered down the cliff and 'plop' fell into the cold icy depths of the ocean. It was an ethereal feeling, like the ocean was wrapping me up into it's welcoming arms as I floated with the waves. They were dragging me towards who knows where. 

I couldn't see, but I could feel. There were ocean creatures minding their own business below me, schools of fish swimming quickly to some destination. It was like a whole civilisation lived underneath the sea. Slowly I could feel the pace of the waves slowing down as it traveled up the sand. A wave wrapped around me like a cyclone as I felt all these shimmering tingle up my skin. Skin? Was I human again? My heart felt like it burst out from my chest as the cyclone wave slowly lowered me to the sand. 

I looked around in the deserted beach. Where the hell am I? I stood up slowly and observed my surroundings. It looks like I'm not too far from town, it was night time and I could see a slight glow over at the right of the beach behind some hills. A cool breeze blew me and I shivered. For the first time, I realised I was naked. Stark naked. I started to panic, what was I going to do? No way was I going to walk into town naked! Before I had too much time to dawdle over my situation a car drew by and stopped at the beach. I freaked out and darted back into the sea. I kept my eyes above the water and waited in suspense for the driver to come out. Street lights shrouded the tall figure that got out of the car. The figure started walking towards the beach, getting closer and closer to me. 

"Blair? Hello? Blair are you here?" Derek's worried voice shouted out.

I tried to make a sound but my voice was all croaky due to now speaking in many hours. I waved my arm up and down but he couldn't see me. He started heading back. I decided I had no choice but to show myself. I ran out of the water and wrapped my arms around his back. He stopped, stiffened and paused. He placed his warm large hands on mine and breathed out in relief.

"Blair? Thank god you are okay. I've been worried senseless." He untangled my arms and turned around to face me. First he looked at my face and smiled but then realised I was naked. I was blushing furiously and he too, was blushing. I covered myself with my hands but before I did that, I noticed he was staring at my body. I blushed even harder and felt heat rise up to my ears. An exctied tingle made me shiver.

"Um, I uh, you can have my top." He stumbled and quickly took his top off and handed it to me. 

"Thanks." I croaked as he turned around. 

I whipped on the top and as he was so much taller then me, it reached down to my knees.

"Done." I smiled up at him as he turned back around.

"Okay let's go home and you can tell me exactly what happened."

I nodded as he wrapped me up in his arms and held me close.

"I was so worried." He moved his hands up to cup my face and looked lovingly down into my eyes. He bent down a placed a sweet kiss on my lips. I kissed him back without a thought and closed my eyes.