Chapter 17

Sammy

Colorado

I drove on main roads now, trying to take less back roads less risk of being found and taken back. The roads were easy enough to deal with. But the weather was taking a toll on me. Deciding I should get some new clothing I pull over to a thrift store.

The place was full of humans shopping shopping and laughing. Me I kept to myself and kept getting weird looks because I was in a tank top and jeans.

I started digging in the hoddies, picking a black one with nothing on it, it was soft and comfy and baggie on my tallish frame. I felt these same pair of eyes looking at from a guy a few racks away.

A tingle went up my spine and my stomach lurched a bit. I knew something was up. I started digging around some sweaters and long sleeves picking a few. Then in the short sleeves I found two I really liked and moved to jeans grabbing two of them.

Carefully I moved to be hats where the guy was, I dug around finding a white beanie I liked. "Why the hell are you watching me?"

He looked surprised that I fought him, "I just thought you were cute that's all."

"That better be it." I walk away to the register and payed leaving.

Tossing the bags in Jason I pulled away. I feel paranoid, or maybe that's just the cold. I shove my hand in a bag and pull out the black hoddie sliding it on.

I grumbled and drove on. I'm starting to hate the cold, snowboarding every few years didn't make up for this amount of cold that kept seeping in my body.

Further down the street was a hair salon. I looked at it while at a stop life and touched my white blond hair, it was long and something didn't feel right about it. I ran my hands through it and then turned the corner and into the parking lot.

Instantly the hair dresser who was talking at the counter dropped the comb at my sight. "My god! I have never seen hair naturally that color or so long!"

"Uh yeah I'm looking to cut it."

"But it's gorgeous!"

"Well-"

"Bad memories I understand." He smiles and points to his chair. "I'm wondering because I have this feeling your going to have a bunch of it come off so how about donating it."

"Sure, and yeah I do."

"How about this," he pulls out a picture of a girl with short hair and I gulped.

"Even the dye?"

"Yup even that."

I swallowed hard and nodded, he smiled and pulled back my hair into a pony tail and he snips it off. I flinch.

He brings out a razor and starts sizzling my hair as I shutter.

***

I kept my eyes shut till the end. "Ok sweetie open your eyes."

I was shuttering and shaking as I opened my eyes to a person I've never seen before. It was fluffy in the front and spiked to an angle to the right. I now had darker blond mixed with my hair and it makes the lighter blond pop out and back is short as well as the sides and it looked wonderful. My mouth was gaping open and I couldn't believe how much I loved it.

"I knew you'd love it." He smiled confidently as he explained about it's care and up keep.

"Thank you," I still couldn't believe it was my hair; I kept running my hand in it.

***

That night was blistering cold but the truck stop was almost empty and I enjoyed taking up a big rig space it was nice. I got out and stretched my legs a little letting my body relax a bit.

One of the rig girls got out and brought a wolf out of her truck behind her. The thing instantly came over to me and barked. "Sorry, I'm so sorry he normally doesn't like people so this doesn't happen much."

"Nah it's fine," what I was wondering was why a werewolf was leaving with a human like this. I knelt down to him and whispered to him, "I know your a werewolf and if you need something from me I'm here for the night." He licks my face. Then he turns to walk away back to the girl.

***

I stretched out in Jason and flipped over when a scratch came on my door. Peeking out I say the wolf. I open the side door and he hops in. And shifts.

"I haven't shifted into a human in so long it feels weird." He pulls a blanket over his lap.

"So what's up with living with a human?"

"Well, she's my mate and we were together in a relationship for a long time, but when I told her about me she called me crazy and left me. So I posed as a lost dog knowing she was a sucker for a cute dog and she took me in."

"Why didn't you shift in front of her?"

"The pack I'm a part of, it's against the rules."

"And your still apart of them?"

"Yes, and she want to settle in California near the coast, my pack is in Canada. If you can't tell I'm an omega."

"Alright, I've got a proposal for you." His eyes grew scared and his hand set on the door handle. "I'm an alpha from the California coast pack called midnight. When you get there give this to Trevor," I pull a piece of paper from my back seat and write 'Trevor take him in under my wishes.' "And this means you can prove to her, about all this because it's not a rule in my pack, and we don't have omegas either so you have nothing to worry about." I hand the paper over to him.

The look on his face was utter disbelief, "what do you mean your an alpha and are taking me in?"

"That's exactly what I mean, I'm kinda a softy for true love I guess maybe I'm just doing you a favor, you'll never know."

He smiled, "this is happening?"

"Yes." I nod and he just stairs at the paper, his ticket to freedom.

"I can never thank you enough."

"It's not a big deal really, but I'd suggest waiting till you get there before you show off to her just to be safe."

"Of course." He smiled again and looked at me.

"I ask one thing, don't tell them where you met me say it was in like Nevada because I'm kinda-"

"I understand you don't have to explain alpha," he bows his head in response.

"Don't do that just make her happy." I smile at him as he leaves thanking me profusely.