Chapter 16

Sammy

Utah

I went north I was sick of the coast, and wanted to see snow. To freeze in the cold, lose my tan and become paste white.

Driving through the land sand changing into mountains, some becoming lakes and springs the snow and cold started leaking onto my skin.

I just realized I hate the cold. My stupid self had only brought along summer clothing because I live with in walking distance to a coast; why on earth would I ever need long sleeves or a jacket

Groaning I turn the heat up and rap myself in a blanket. I focus on driving watching the road speed past me in a blur.

***

I couldn't stand Utah any longer. "UGH!" I pull over to the side of the road and lean my seat back, I curl my legs into my chest setting them on the steering wheel; I rubbed my temples and tried to breath but I was going out of my mind.

My glove box started buzzing, I figured that stupid thing would have died by now. I let the phone out and looked at it, 'Todd' the screen said; I put it back in the glove box.

To the left of me was a giant thing of woods and I figured why the hell not. I got out locked Jason and tied a huge string around my neck putting my keys on it. I stripped down leaving my clothing under Jason and shifted running into the woods.

***

I haven't done this in so long, it felt amazing. The keys jingled as I ran, sprinting around trees, rolling around in the grass letting of some much needed steam.

Howling came from a distance away and stupid me forgot, anywhere there's woods or anything like it there's werewolf's who own it. I make a fast turn and jet back to Jason.

I was tackled right before I could get out of the woods, a black wolf stood over me and two others came and joined. They growled at me, trying to demand me to shift. With ease I tossed him off me and he hit a tree. Standing on my legs they all stepped back at how large I was.

My white fur being blown around in the wind, the wolfs started shuttering now knowing what they were dealing with. An alpha, and the bigger the alpha the larger and stronger the pack. And not to brag but I was pretty huge.

I could tell they were calling their alpha, in fact I could smell it coming. When he got there his brown fur was getting blown around and he smelt strongly of pine it made my nose twinge. He tried to make himself as big as possible but he and I both knew who was the biggest and it sure as hell wasn't him.

He barked at me, trying to get me to shift, like this dip shit couldn't tell I was female. I laid down and rolled over and then he could tell, moron, he bowed his head in embarrassment and everyone turned around.

I shifted and put on my cloths, then I sat on the hood of Jason. "Dip shit, feel free to look now. And just for future reference never turn your back on anyone even if their a girl." He started shifting and I watched as a tall muscular male took form.

"Excuse me but could I bother you for some...um...coverage?" I tossed a blanket to the idiot, and he rapped it around his waist.

"Whatcha want," I asked.

"You invaded my territory."

"Damn your way too nice to be an alpha."

"Is that a bad thing."

"Very, is this your first day or something?"

"Second month and I've never really had an invader problem."

"Well skipper, first off don't be nice, what I would have done is I'd have my jaws around your neck, invaders they respect the strong."

"I'll put that to thought, now ma'am-"

"Do I look like an old fucking hag, fuck, Sam."

"How do you know my name?"

"Thats mine you dip shit."

"Your cursing is very testing on my nerves."

"Your smell is testing on mine, along with your bum kin manner of speech, but I didn't say shit."

His closed the gap between us in seconds and slammed his hands on the hood of Jason, he was fuming. "If you dent my car I swear I'll be adding a little bit of Utah land to my own."

His eyes were right in front of mine, trying to use a scare tactic. "Now hear me Sam, don't you dare come on my land and think you can boss me around damn it. I'm the alpha and you will respect me!"

I chuckle at him and smile, "I respect you no more that I can toss you."

"Don't you push your luck with m-" I smash our lips together and his eyes go as wide as a full moon. He staggers back starring at me, before he falls to he ground tripping on his feet. "What... Why... Huh."

I licked my lips and smirked, "I'm from California, alpha of midnight."

His eyes grew wider, "they sent out a message about you, a global message. They want you back and fast, they set a bounty for you to be brought back alive."

I shrug. "You've seen me, I'm not gonna get found. Unless someone opens his big mouth."

"I won't say anything but they really need you back. But if someone comes asking questions I will answer them truthfully."

"Ok, I'll get out of your hair I guess." I shrug and get in Jason.

"If you want a new pack I'd gladly welcome you," he said writing his name and number on a receipt I had in Jason, then he handed me back my blanket and shifted.

I pulled away now looking back. A fucking bounty, this should be fun.