Chapter 18

•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•

“Words can be like X-rays if you use them properly -- they’ll go through anything. You read and you’re pierced.” 
― Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•

CLARK'S POV

anong bang iniisip ni Ruru at na isipan nya pang makipag kita sa Papa ko, alam nya naman ang nangyari but she still insisted

ngayon nasa harap kami ng papa ko, alam ko sa tono ng boses nya na he is not pleased with what he is seeing now, I know he doesn't want to meet her in the first place bakit ba ako pumayag?

"Dad, gusto nya lang makipag-usap"

"wala kaming pag-uusapan, umalis na kayo"

"Dad!" bago pa kami magkasagutan pumagitan na samin si Ruru, with her indifferent look

"Humihingi ako ng dispensa sa mga nangyari kahit alam kong walang magagawa at maiibabalik yun.... gusto ko lang magbigay ng isang salita sa inyo--"

"Umalis na kayo!!" pagsigaw nya kay Ruru, glaring daggers at her, killing her in different ways "How can I mere assassin can understand what it feel to lost someone!!??? WHEN YOU ARE JUST A MERE KILLING MACHINE!" He breathed

"BECUASE WE'RE JUST MERE HUMANS TOO!!! So you don't have the right to just judge us single mindedly, we are far more different from one another, yes. I've kill countless people, my hands were stained by bloods, our nights were hunted by the faces of the people who we have killed.... but still we're just human.... hindi nyo alam ang sinasabi nyo..."

"Human?" Dad mockingly said "how can you call yourself that?!"

"Da--" I was about to block Dad when Ruru stop me from doing so.

"Clark..." pagpigil sakin ni Ruru, looking at me like saying that everything will ne alright "Shot me.... Because I know those are...." Ruru's voice broke, nagbabadya naring tumulo ang luha na namuo sa mga mata nya. "...those feelings were such pain in the ass. I once lost myself and been turn to a monster because of that but I don't want anyone to be like that as I was before, not anymore.... I lost my mom in such a young age I know the feeling of losing someone especial infront of you.... Yeah, I was once a monster... ah no I am a monster, but I too was a human. I--"

"... Stop making a fool out of me!!!! A monster will always going to be a monster!" dad.... nakatutok pa rin ang baril kay Ruru, pero hindi parin umaalis sa pwesto nya si Ruru, like she was stones

"Dad stop it" Now I cover for Ruru, looking at my father sharply. Standing by the sidelines isn't my character, not anymore.

"Clark step aside!" he order

"Clark tumabi ka na, ayokong madamay ka..." I look at her disapprovingly "Sir.... have my word... I will kill my sister for you..." The last thing Ruru said before walking out of the room. I stood there dumbly, my hands turn to fist.

"dad..." 

"..." he fall to his chair like his strength were drained out of him.

"Dad... hindi sya halimaw... she always had been a person... she's just a person" lumabas nalang ako... I was also shocked from what I've heard from Ruru herself, sinabi nyang kakilala nya pero a was not expecting na kapatid nya yun.... kaya ba she was hesitating of what she's going to answer to me that day?

"Nasaan na yung kasama ko kanina?" tanong ko sa guard

"sir? lumabas po papuntang parking lot" sagot ng guard

"...tskk...."hay.... tumakbo agad ako papuntang parking hoping I will still find her there....  because she need someone by her side dahil sa lahat ng taong nasasaktan sya ang pinaka nasasaktan saming lahat.

"Ruru! Sandali!" I called out to her but it takes a second and me getting close to her before he came into a halt, I heard her breathing in heavily before she turn my way.

"Thanks sa pag payag na makita ko yung papa mo, I know... you didn't want to..." She smile as if joking but miserably failed, as tears quickly threaten to fall off her eyes

"Ruru..." I quickly thug her closer to me, so that her head's resting on my shoulder. I hear her sobs, her shoulders bit shaking.

"I'm sorry" she murmur..... can... I protect her? Mico... can I protect?

•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=