chapter one

calum pov:

fuck, this is the third time this month, caught for trespassing. great. jail isn't the ideal place i want to be at right now. i know, i can't change who i am or what i do, but frankly i don't give a damn. at least ashton wasn't there this time he normally gets all pissy when we get caught. but now he is probably pissed and isn't going to bail us out, i guess it could be worse.

i was snapped out of my thoughts by luke yelling, "how the fuck are we supposed to get out now if ash isn't gonna come?"

michael jumps in and says "shut the fuck up luke, damnit. just let the kid think, would you?" luke doesn't say reply after that. i know it's difficult for us all seeing as we're all stressed, this is the first time ash hasn't been here with us.

his girlfriend normally bails us out; bryana– bryana holly, she is beautiful but not my type; she's too stuck up for my liking. none of us other guys have girlfriends, but we don't need them, they probably would get pissed every week after we get caught and we wouldn't deal with that or even want to.

it's 2:00 am and still nobody had came for us. the officer, paul, comes to tell us, "hey kid, you know what time it is. get up, and call someone."

paul knows everything, seeing as he's the guy who arrested us the first time and had been doing so ever since, he likes us. i think.

getting up with a sigh, all of the guys look at me– probably wondering who i'm going to call, but i don't even know. i probably could try ash but he's most likely fucking bry right now. nobody else would come, maybe my sister, but would she come?

i haven't seen her since everything happened, the first time i ever got arrested. she hated me for what i did and i just left. i couldn't do it anymore, that's when i met the guys. we have been attached ever since then, can't even split us apart. i do miss her, she's my sister, but what she said. god, it replayed in my head and it still does.

it's been 3 years for fucks sake, there is no other option, i have to call her. when she finally picks up, i take a deep breath before speaking, "hey mali koa, it's cal," i for one am super nervous waiting for her reply, suspecting she'll either yell at me or cry and i can't handle either one of those.

"calum, why the hell are you calling at 2 in the morning." deciding i should start talking, but once i'm about to start she cuts me off, "you're fucking arrested again aren't you?" here we go, the judging and the yelling— staying calm for her, after all, i'm not going to yell at her after what i did to her, "um yeah..."

"god fucking dammit calum!" i hear her yell through the phone, "listen, i'm sorry, but ashton isnt going to come and we need someone to bail us out, will you come? please?"

once again waiting for her reply, until i finally hear, "yeah, of course... i'll come. are you still in the same old town?" funny, she thinks i would actually leave, it's not like i have the money to fucking anyway, "yeah, i'm still here."

"alright, i'm coming." i hear her say, replying a quick thanks and hanging up.
in my head i'm jumping up and down, smiling huge, but i have to keep calm.

walking, back to the boys, almost immediately michael jumps up, "who did you call?!" sighing, for what seemed like the thousandth time tonight i tell my best friends, "i called mali koa."

there's a silence, i know they're probably processing it, finally luke jumps up, "she answered?!" sounding just as surprised as I was. "um..." i hum, in agreement, then happily say, "yeah, she did."

this is the happiest i've been in a while, but i'm still shitting bricks inside. i'm finally going to see her— my sister, wow.

{700 words}