chapter five

calums pov:

here i am. in the jail cell when she comes in, in a police officer uniform. she is just as beautiful as she was yesterday. paul and her talk, i wasn't really concerned with what they were saying. all i heard was paul saying, "listen i'm going on my lunch break...".

she sat down at the outside the cell and started talking. i watched her lips move as said she, "oh hey i'm ophelia". my head snapped forward i didn't expect her voice to sound so, what's the word, so adorable?

luke spoke first by just casually telling her who he was, then michael, but michael was being a dick and for some reason i felt the need to get after him. so i yelled at him. she seemed a little taken back but who cares. she just laughed and acted like she was used to it, but then she said something that caught my attention, she was talking about being a cop and how she guess they get attitude. why the fuck was she guessing, she is sitting right in front of me in a officers uniform, she was a cop she should know. i feel like she's judging us.

i spoke, "you guess?" and that's when she said, "yep, it's my first day, congrats you guys are my  first prisoners" as she chuckles. damn her smile was cute. fuck why am i so bipolar. i laughed, it was funny. so she had a sense of humor, good to know.

then she asked why we were in the cell. i didn't want to tell her, i didn't want her to judge us or me. i knew she would, even though this one wasn't even that bad compared to what i did to mali.

so i said "don't judge us, are you ready?" she shook her head faster than i've seen someone shake their head before. i couldn't stop smiling, she was the cutest. so i started.

"we were just hanging out ya know and then" i looked at mikey about to rat him out for coming up for the idea but i stopped. "then we just started walking around, we weren't sober but we weren't completely drunk, we came up with an idea to go to the airport and sit and watch the planes take off, well i guess that's trespassing" as i rolled my eyes, she laughed and said "yes sir, it is". that yes sir really got me thinking about things i shouldn't with this girl.

i continued, "so we went with some blankets and beer, cut through the wire and laid down. once we got there, it was only 11 pm so we were fine. next thing i knew i was fast asleep and then i heard luke shouting at me to run, and that's when i saw the cop car lights drive towards us"

she looked so intrigued, and so interested, i've never had a girl look at me this way and actually listen to what i have to say before. they just always use me and i always use them. i started again, "i got up to run, when i heard paul, for some reason he is always the cop that gets us i don't know if he is just always working nights, i don't care." she stared to talk, so i stopped, "he works whenever he can, he needs the money". i nod and continue, "paul told me to not even think about running. so of course the gentleman i am, i didn't run, who cares. he got luke and me and the guy he was with ran after mikey and ashton, ashton gave up i guess and just stopped running"

i laughed, making fun of ashton, he hates it when i make fun of him. he smiled and shook his head. "and here we are, once again, we're going to get fined for it, we don't care, we always pay it. one of these days paul is going to stop going easy on us and we're probably going to get locked up in prison for a good amount of time" i laughed thinking about my last time in prison, the guys looks showed me they were sorry and felt bad for what happened. it's over.

she smiled when it was over and said "you know, if my brother wasn't a cop and i didn't follow his footsteps, i would probably ask you all out to drinks tonight and ask when we could hang out next but i can't unfortunately". i laughed, thinking about all the possibilities that could happen if she wasn't a cop. i didn't know why i was talking this way, calum you just screw with girls, you don't date.

then the whole "if my brother wasn't a cop" part registered in my head and i had to ask, "why did you follow your brothers footsteps? why does it matter if he's a cop?". she frowned and i knew i probably shouldn't have asked. too late now. "um well, haha, he actually died last year in a car chase on duty, he was my brother and bestfriend".

she looked as if she might cry, i felt so bad. i just wanted to hug her but i was in this stupid cell. "i'm really sorry, if i wasn't in this cell i would give you a hug". she looked surprised when i said that and the boys heads all snapped forward to me with surprised looks.

that's when paul came back, "hey, how was everything?". she replied with a smile, "everything's great"

{933 words}
well here's some explaining to a few things!:)