chapter four

ophelia's pov:

first day on the job. okay you're fine. i'm not scared at all i keep saying in the mirror, no not at all. deep down i'm fucking terrified. i'm with an older officer who's been on the job for 20 years now named paul, he seems like a nice guy when i met him yesterday.

after seeing that guy at the coffee shop, i can't stop thinking about his gorgeous face. okay stop, time for work.

when i got to the police station i was ready and excited, kinda. i walked in looking very confident, dad always told me, "as long as you speak and look confident, they never need to know you're nervous inside". here i am doing it again. here we go. i saw paul and he already started talking, "hey darling, we already got 4 of the usual idiots here, now we wait for them to get bailed unless we get called in". okay i was good with that so i responded, "okay great paul". when we got to the table i saw him, i saw the guy from the coffee shop. paul started talking again, "these guys are always in here, that's calum, luke, ashton and michael". so his name is calum, what a hot name. paul got up, "look it's my lunch break sorry to leave you on your first day, if you have any troubles just radio me" and with that he left.

i decided to talk to them, why not, it won't hurt. "so hey, i'm ophelia", i said. calums head immediately snaps my way, like he didn't expect me to talk to them. the blonde hair boy speaks first, "hi i'm luke". he seemed nice. the red hair boy, who i think was michael, spoke next, "i'm michael, but paul already said that". his voice was laced with attitude and he rolled his eyes. calum then spoke, "mikey give her a break, she didn't do anything to you for fuck sake, don't be a dick".

i didn't understand why he was standing up for me, but it works out. i chuckled and said "it's fine really, i'm a cop, i guess they get attitude a lot", "you guess?" the curly haired boy says. "yep this is my first day, congrats you guys are my first prisoners" i joked, michael didn't find it funny but calum laughed.  i asked them what they were in here for, not trying to be rude or anything but once again, michael rolled his eyes, it was starting to get on my nerves.

that's when calum started talking again and said "don't judge us, are you ready" i shook my head fast, with that he laughed and started the story.

{455 words}
sorry it's short! i promise it will get more interesting soon