Chapter Five

The next day, you walked up to Meta. At first, he seemed tense, but as he saw you , his look loosened.

"H-hi..." you started off.

Silence.

"Okay, so I'm in a little bit of a crisis...I found out my team member has a crush on me and I want him to think I'm into someone else so I don't have to directly tell him I don't like him. Honestly, you were the best option and you're not that bad, so-" you slapped your hand over your mount and blushed madly. Out of his gaze, even though his helmet, you could almost feel a smirk," I'll.....I'll pay you."

"Miss...payment won't be necessary." An arm curved around you, making you blush worse.

"S-so, let's get to know you better..."

---

After spending almost all day with Meta, you began to actually like him. behind that stern, mysterious ego, he was sweet and caring. He walked you to your room and talked to you the whole way there. Once you both stopped at your door, his helmet slipped off. You looked into his eyes, seeing a hidden set of emotion, not fully expressed through words. He had messy black hair that ruffled everywhere.

"W-wow..." you accidentally muttered.

"I...I know. I'm a mess. I try to keep my helmet on most of the time."

"N-no...you're so....handsome..." you blushed. 

"Handsome? Hm..." He smiled and leaned in, planting a kiss on your lips. His lips were soft and controlling, which you liked, but also caring and sentimental. He moved away and fave you a wink, walking off. You walked into your room, drunk off of the high he just gave you. You collapsed on your bed and smiled widely. This wasn't fake anymore. You were truly in love.