1st chapter

Azaria's pov:
I wake up to find myself all drenched in sweat with fast heavy breathing. "Its that same dream again," I say with confusion and fear.

The dream was of a man being slaughtered by some huge creature and a lady on the floor covered in blood, i assume it is his wife. Then there is a toddler crying out loud with no one around her to comfort her, and the dream ends.

'What is that creature?' I start to tremble into deep thought but gain conscious when i hear a knock on my door.

"Sweetie it's time to get up, today is your big day," mum yells excitingly

I let out a long blunt sigh to let my mum know that i was awake. Oh yeah i totally forgot today is my graduation and my last day ever in stupid prison. Just like most teenagers i hated school like a bitch. She was my enemy for as long as i could remember and couldnt feel more happier than leaving all of it behind.

I get out of bed and jump in the shower then brush my teeth and chuck on my uniform. I braid both sides of my hair then put it up into a ponytail and add a white ribbon around the knot. Although i hated school sooo much i always made sure that i looked pretty and rocked the school uniform like an a million dollar accessory. I walk downstairs to breakfast with mum and dad already dressed for the graduation ceremony.

......

"Congradulations on graduationg, Im so proud of you Aza," dad says hugging me tight and places a kiss on my forehead

"Eww dad can you not," i cringe while wiping my forehead

"Look here selfie time," mum runs to my side opposite of dad and strikes a pose that is meant for teenagers only

"OMGGGG mum dont ever do that again," i cringe again holding my laugh in

I forgot to mention that i also didnt have friends throughout high school and dont plan on having any anytime soon. School is a place for education so i only go for education and here i am walking out with a high IQ and a scholarship to medical school.

Everyone thought of me as some snobby wannabe high classed bitch that used my looks for better grades. I couldnt care less about what the haters thought they just made me want to succeed even more. I must admit I am pretty though, i mean who wouldnt agree with me. But its sorta strange that i look nothing like my parents.

I have long black wavy hair and my mother has blonde straight hair same goes for my dad. I have green eyes and they have blue eyes. I have tan light brown skin and theyre both white. I dont really wanna raise the question why we look so different and hurt their feelings.

I love them very dearly and they have done so much for me. If it werent for them i wouldnt have found my future of wanting to be a doctor. Mum is a veterian and dad is a paramedic, atleast we all got one thing in common and that is helping people.

We are now on our way home, my parents threw me a graduation dinner at my favourite italian pizza resturaunt. Even though it was just the three of us i had so much fun.

"So do you have an idea of what you want for your birthday hun?," dad says breaking the silence

'Oh crap im 18 in two days' i say to myself in shock

"Uhh, i dont mind anything is fine," i say giving mum and dad a smile through the front mirror

Im not a picky person when it comes to this sorta stuff, i like anything they give me. I feel butterflies in my stomache just saying the number 18. Well lets see what my journey is when i turn 18.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note:

Hey guys thanks for reading the first chapter of my book, im a little rusty because i just got back into writting again. More exciting things to happen in the coming chapters, hope to see you there😊🤘🏽