Chapter 2

Sabre's PoV
I now live alone. After the hospital let me out after I told them that I had "family" that was coming to pick me up. The doctors left the room, and I called one of my old friends to pick me up, then drop me off near an alleyway. I now scrambled over the fence, bolting from the man whom I had stolen from. Hey, I'm hungry, I can't help it. I turned down an alley and leapt the distance up to the fire escape. I heard the man curse, then he was on the phone. "Yeah, some kid just stole from me, and I got him trapped on the roof after he tried escaping me. Weird thing is that he has mechanical eyes. Yes, you heard me right. Can you come get this kid?" I heard him growl. I muttered a string of curses under my breath after I saw him take a picture of me. I hopped onto the roof and walked over to a small notch in the ground, and grabbed my green and white jacket and closed my eyes. Due to them being mechanical, I was able to know where I was walking when my eyes were closed, or when I had something covering my eyes. I jumped down from the roof and into the next alley. I pulled the hood over my thick and short brown hair, keeping my eyes tightly shut. I crossed the street, pausing at the sound of sirens. I entered the clothing store, or whatever the heck it's called, and glanced around, cracking open one eye slightly. I spotted the thing I needed. I picked up the black fabric and walked over to the counter. "That it?" the woman behind the counter asked. I nodded, and handed her the cloth. "That'll be eight dollars and fifty-six cents." she told me. I pulled out the man's wallet, and pulled out that exact amount, and handed the cash to the woman. I saw her smile, and she handed back the fabric. "Have a nice day." she told me. I nodded. "Thanks. I hope you have a nice day as well." I replied with a smile. Then I walked out, and opened my eyes, and pulled the black bandana over my eyes. I could still see things around me perfectly. I opened the wallet and took out the ID card, license, and all the other things I didn't need and threw them into someone's backyard. I tucked the wallet in my back pocket, and kept my head down. My senses warned me too late, and I ran into something. More like someone.
Shark's PoV
I walked down the street, honestly bored out of my mind. I just got out of my high school, and was enjoying the sunny weather with a nice walk. I felt as if I was being watched, and turned my head to look behind me, only to run into someone. "Oh! I'm so sorry!" the boy yelped. He looked my age. He looked up in alarm, and I saw that he wore a black blindfold over his eyes. "It's not your fault. I looked behind me, and didn't even think about looking in front of me." I replied, having a small smile on my face. The boy nodded, looking slightly nervous. "You okay?" I asked. He jumped. "Oh.. Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bit jumpy today. Just being on my.." he trailed off quickly after realizing about what he was about to say. I raised my eyebrows, and lifted my sunglasses off my face and set them on my head. "You're actually on your own?" I asked, surprised. He sighed and nodded. "I'd rather not talk about it." he murmured. Then he held out his hand. "My name is Sabre." he said. I shook his hand. "I'm Shark." I replied. We began walking side by side. "Where you heading?" I asked. "Park. I go there everyday." Sabre replied with a shrug. I nodded. "That's nice. What area in the park?" I continued. He paused for a minute. "The cemetery." he replied. I stared. "Really? I thought I was the only one that went there..." I muttered. "Huh..." I heard Sabre comment. Before I knew it, we were through the cemetery gates, and I found myself in front of my mother and father's graves. I noticed that Sabre had vanished, and I spotted him in front of a slightly larger grave than the rest. I pulled out the two roses from my pockets, and set them on the graves. I stood and walked over to the larger grave. What surprised me was whose grave Sabre was supposedly staring at. 'Pierce Favre. 1987-2011. Loving father to Sabre Favre and husband to Nina Favre.' it read. "You're father was famous?" I asked. Sabre nodded. "Yeah. After he died.. Pretty much my life turned to the worst.." Sabre replied vaguely. I nodded, and watched the blindfolded boy stand up. "I better go. See you later Shark. Might even go to your school." Sabre said nonchalantly. "Yeah, cya." I replied, and walked out, not after giving my parent's graves a glance.
----------------~--------
860 words? TOLD YOU IT WOULD GET LONGER! *chucks a pie into Author's face and runs* *Author chases Tiger, and she notices* FUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
Btw, thank you @bloodEveregreen for asking a friend to draw this!