Hello, Travis

He stared in the mirror, checked for the millionth time his parents were asleep, and then raced to grab the bandages. He was making his way back to the bathroom in a quiet run until he halted at the sound of his mothers enormous voice. "Bethany what in the lords name are you doing?"
His mother shouted. His birth name was the worst possible thing to hear from his parents, and he quickly shoved the bandages in his pocket. "Nothing mom!"
His voice strained in the attempt to make it sound deep as if he were a normal fourteen year old boy. He heard her get up out of her creaky bed and march over to him,
"Use your real voice young lady!" She bellowed. "And for the millionth time, stop stealing the bandages!" She seized the bandages and put them away.

He sighed in defeat and walked back to his room, looking at his burden of a chest. He mushed the fat around to make it look normal and then tiptoed to his dresser, in which he pulled out a few sports bras. "This will do" he thought as he put the on and looked at his semi-flat chest that looked almost normal, while he got dressed and then slipped on his shoes and walked to his backpack which he threw onto his back, running out The door to his bus stop.

There was one other person there with him named Jayden . She was one of his only friends and he knew her since before he came out as a boy to his friends, since most of them rejected him he really only had Jayden left.
"Hey Travis!"

She greeted him warmly with a hug, he hugged her back and smiled "Hi. How are you?" He said. "I'm great! Remember Owen?" She asked, excited.
"Yeah. Why?"
"Guess what?"
"What."
"Guess!"
"I don't know" he chuckled.
"He asked me out last night!" She squeaked with happiness, seizing his hips with a hug that nearly killed him. He hugged her with a feeling that was like happiness for her, but a unhappy feeling that made his heart sink half-way down his chest. "That's great!"
He smiled, reluctant. He almost didn't notice the look on her face when she saw how he felt. Sometimes he felt almost as if Jayden could read his mind, or see right through his fake emotions to the really strong ones. Like she was now. The bus came to a screeching halt and they both walked up the steps to their seat, and there was a silence between them the whole ride.

The got to school and stepped off the bus and walked into the crowd that was swarming into the school in a loud, messy manner. Many people saw Travis as a normal boy and thought that, and they treated him the same. Bullied like a normal boy, was just another side affect of having all the same things a normal boy did. Treated like a girl at home, treated like a boy at school. It was like he hated home for the way his parents treated him, but also hated getting bullied at school. He made his way to his locker, and shoved his backpack into the small space and heaved as he picked up his books.

Walking to his classes one after the other, he needed to use the bathroom. The thought left him with dread, as he raised his hand, silently hoping with all of him that not a single girl would be using the bathroom at this moment. "May I use the bathroom?" He said as the teacher called on him. "Yes Travis."
He stood up and walked out of the classroom and made his way to the women's restroom. Peeking inside, he saw that nobody was there so he walked in and sat inside a stall.

He washed his hands and then grabbed a paper towel and dried off his hands, throwing it in the trash. Right when he was about to walk out, the most preppy looking girl he ever saw halted right when they met eyes, she stared at him and then ran out. His heart started to race and his mind was plagued with the horrible thoughts of what she might do and what she might say. So in a panic he ran back to his class and sat down in his assigned seat. He was breathing heavily and was sweating, so naturally the teacher noticed the disruption in his teaching. " Travis is there something wrong?"
"N-no m'am."
"Alright." She said and continued to teach.

After an exhausting day of school work he went to the School's Gay Straight Alliance, which was probably the only place where he was completely comfortable. Everyone there was nice, but this was the first day of the new club. Nobody knew it was him, they only knew Bethany. They were asked to sit in a circle and say their name and pronouns.
"Monica, Him/her."
"Heather, She/her!"
"Avery, They/them!"
"James, He/him." 
They all looked at Travis, their kind faces making him a little less uncomfortable.
"Travis, H-He/Him."