Crushing

We all sat in our small circle, everyone socializing and laughing obnoxiously with each other. The leader of the GSA asked for silence, and we all looked up at her.
"Welcome to the first meeting of the gay straight alliance!" She said with a smile on her face that made her seem as if she had sunshine beaming from her.

"My names joy, and I'm the GSA's elected president. Now this year we'll be doing more stuff for the school, to make people more aware of bullying people who are lgbtq+," my back stiffened. "Is not any different from bullying anyone else." She almost sounded a bit intimidating now, but then quickly returned back to her cheerful self and then smiled with even more energy than before.

"Okay, that's all. You may go back to socializing again!" She turned away and walked into the hall, and the noise in the room gradually amplified as it usually did.

Holding onto my pencil I had been rubbing anxiously for the past twenty or so minutes wasn't doing me any well, so I decided to start to speak.

A dirty blonde boy beat me to it and introduced himself "Hey! I'm James. Who are you again?"
"I'm Travis. It's nice to meet you!" I said in the most natural-sounding deep voice I could.
He looked as if he was going to speak again, but was cut off as his loud friends pulled him away to his many more friends on the other side of the room. "That was short lived.." I thought as I was left in the aftermath of him running off. (Which was of course, loneliness.)
after what seemed like an hour of twiddling my thumbs, the club ended and I happily got up but was shot with the grim reminder of my parents and home. So, naturally I took a detour and went for a small, (coughs long) walk.

After what had felt like a eternity of walking, I got hopelessly lost. I knocked on a door in a flustered panic, and it flew open to reveal a teenager around my age. He was tall, didn't look very happy, and had messy bleached hair. "Can I help you?"
"Sorry I s-see- well I took a wrong turn an-and I got lost and I need help? Please?"

He had stuttered so much he felt as if he had just lost all hope of getting help.
"Yeah sure whatever."
"Wait really?" He said in disbelief
"Were you just listening to what I was saying or not? I said yes."
His mother came into view from the living room yelling something inaudible to him in Spanish.
The boy responded with something else in Spanish and the mother came waddling over and gingerly smushed Travis's cheeks and gave him a hug.

"don't worry, no worry we'll help you"
she said over and over squishing him in an embrace, her accent thick.
He was let go of her embrace after a while of the boy sighing and telling her to give it a rest. The woman immediately pulled him into their house, a young girls toys sprawled around the couch. He was sat down and he watched as a girl ran back up to the couch and looked at him with big, curious eyes. "Who are you?"
"I'm Travis."
"I'm Isabella! Want to play with me?"

Her brother, at that exact moment she said that, pulled me off the couch before she hugged me in a tight embrace. She let out a whimper but then continued to play with her toys. "I don't think you'd wanna play with dolls with her." He still hadn't let go of his wrist. "Cmon. I can show you around the house."

He smiled and gestured for him to follow behind. The house was generally small, but filled with nice things and colors that made the whole place pop with a warm feeling. He showed me downstairs, but then showed me upstairs which had a couple of rooms, one of the doors widely open and from what I could see was a blinding shade of pink.

The not one was a light, calming, brown which I had assumed it was his mother's. He walked inside his room and flopped onto his bed with a thud and let out a burst of small laughter. He smiled and suddenly grabbed my sleeve, pulling me onto the bed next to him. We stared at the ceiling in silence, as if we totally forgot about me being helped home.

He shot straight up with a jolt, and looked at me " we need to get you home before your parents start to worry!"
He grabbed my arm and brought me downstairs and he headed out the door and helped me back. Once we got there, he knocked on the door.

My mother slammed the door open and grabbed me by the scruff before he could speak.
"What did she do."
I cringed.
"Uhm well they needed help getting back here.. So I helped him?"
My mother smacked the back of my head and called me stupid for getting lost.
All in front of my new friend.
"Hey I just realized I think you forgot something at my house. Come on we can go pick it up okbyemissssss" he closed the door and grabbed my hand and we started to run back.

"Hey, you never told me your name."
"Oh Im Travis, who are you?"
" I'm Evan."

When we arrived back, his mom looked at us in confusion "what happened?"
"Her- his mom isn't a good mom." He said it plainly
His mother ran over to me and hugged me harder than she did before and put her hands on my shoulders.
"Stay for dinner. Heck, stay for the night." She hugged me one last time before going back to the kitchen and continuing to prepare a meal.