Chapter 10

Darcy couldn't help her reaction to his words. Michael had always had a sensual and predatory side to him that she loved but it had been a few days at least, probably since their first night together since he had last shown it. In truth, she was aching for him to make love to her just as badly as she had that first night and she hoped that they would never lose what they were sharing at that moment, not the playfulness or the predatory dominance that Michael showed her, nor the desperation she felt then and had felt since meeting him. "You can call it whatever you like darling..." She smiled up at him adoringly, allowing him a sweetly lingering kiss, neither wanting to or needing to argue with him. He could have his way, she didn't really care much, she just wanted to make him happy and let their wedding night be as perfect as every other moment of their time together had been and she would do anything to make that happen. "...I'm still yours and you can do whatever you want with me." Darcy promised faithfully, a complete look of honesty and devotion in her eyes that sent a warmth through him time and time again, ever since the first moment he had seen it when she had promised him with her whole heart that she didn't think him a brute for accepting the terrible fate that had brought her to his door, and that she wanted to stay with him for no other reason than that she felt the same overwhelming feeling that he had felt upon first meeting her.

"Now that's one thing I'll never get tired of hearing." He grinned to himself, as pleased as he could be with her quiet admission, even though he already knew that she was his to do what he wanted with, it was just the way they were together he supposed. Either way it didn't stop the flood of relief as he kissed her once more, allowing that single, slow and sensual kiss to provoke his desires once more, thankful that their night was finally going to take off in the very direction he had been trying to lead it down all day, since early morning. "Darcy...darling I love you..." Michael whispered to her breathlessly, pushing the negligèe from her body as he enjoyed the pleasure of a decent, honest-to-god lingering kiss, his desperation for her calmed only by the provocative way she held him to her in the same sensuous way she began to undress him. It wasn't just the fact that they were about to make love that excited him but the way she toyed with him, brushing the tips of her fingers over the back of his neck and through the ends of his hair, arching her body towards his in proof of the fact that she belonged to him and would do anything he wanted her to. It was the way she slid her open palms against his bare chest and the soft clawing motions she made when he kissed her or touched her in a way that she particularly enjoyed, however much it made her wish he would stop playing around and finally make love to her. It was the way she felt the need to display that same clawing motion as soon as her hand brushed against the waistband of his jogging trousers, before slowly pushing them from his body in such a way that Michael couldn't help the breathless anticipation she put him in, having to stare down at her silently, his mouth opening in desperation for her kisses as he removed the last obstacle standing in their way and discarded his joggers to the floor, with little thought.

"Baby, I need you to promise me something..." The way she ran her fingers through his hair and let out one of the sweetest sounds he had ever heard, in approval of the caressing motion of his hands on her body, proved that she was willing to promise him the moon and the stars if it was what he wanted and he couldn't have been happier to know it. "You're my wife now and all I want is to make you happy...so you have to promise me that, no matter what we'll never change." Slipping his hand under her left knee, he wrapped her leg around his waist with a satisfied smile, bringing their bodies into a fuller, more gratifying physical contact as he spoke. Michael knew that it wasn't likely that things would be any different between them, at least not for a while anyway, a few years at least but he wanted her to promise it all the same, as a sort of silent reassurance, except that he didn't much want it to be silent. "We'll always love each other and make love to each other for the rest of our lives. That even when we don't make love we'll still kiss and talk...we'll still touch each other and do every possible thing to pleasure each other until we're so old we're sitting up in bed, decomposing into dirt." He smiled down at her, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear in appreciation of the promise she made to never love him any less than she did at that moment regardless of what they had to face in their lives or whatever they had to do. And for the rest of the night, as they made love and talked and laughed about the fact that they had actually got married and that they had almost half a week to spend together, with their time all to themselves, they were unmindful of how quickly the hours passed them by. It was well past seven o'clock in the morning before they finally fell asleep, content with the outcome of their day and entirely satisfied with how their night had ended.