Ch.4 - Roof Talk

Mina PoV

"Mina?"

I turned around to see Minhyuk approaching me. He looked flustered as he saw me almost spilled my soda on my uniform.

"I'm sorry. I never meant to surprise you", he apologised quickly.

"No, it's okay. Don't be sorry", i said while smiling to assure him that i'm  fine. Soon, Minhyuk stood beside me and joined me sightseeing.

There was a moment of silence before i broke it, "So, how long have you been up here?"

"Just know that i've been here long before you. I was trying to take a nap before i heard the door squeak and, Poof! Goodbye my sleepy head."

I laughed at his answer. "Sorry about that. I don't even realise someone's up here. And about the door, yeah...it's irritating me too. But i'm gonna buy some grease or oil to fix it."

He looked at me weirdly. "What?" I asked him, slightly nervous because he was staring at me intently and boy, he was very handsome up close (well, i haven't been able to see him clearly although we sit next to each other).

He chuckled seeing my expression then replied, "You're weird and by that, i mean in a good way though. Why would you care about that door. It's just a door and plus, it is a school properties, so you don't have to fix it yourself."

Realisation came into me. I smiled at him and said, "I know that. But, if i don't fix it, will anyone do it? I'm pretty sure the school organiser won't even look at the roof's door."

He nodded understandingly at me. "So.., Mina, right?" I nodded, "Yes, Min....hyuk???"

He smiled and nodded. I could see deep smiling lines forming at the corner of his mouth all the way to his nose. It's cute.

"What are you doing up here?", he asked me while looking at the scenery.

I took a sip of my soda and glanced at my watch (10 minutes more until class continued) before answering his question.

"Nothing, really. I was just trying to find some peace up here. I love hanging out on the roof back at my school. It kept me away from all of my problems."

"Well, do you have any problem right now?", he asked curiously.

"Haha. Well, luckily today i don't have any. I'm just trying to find the way to the roof so later, when i'm feeling troubled, i could get here without getting lost", i explained.

"Ooohhh. For your information, i love the roof too. I came up here mostly to take some nap. Strangely, i sleep easily up here than on my own bed."

I laughed at his answer. "Do you have trouble sleeping, Minhyuk?"

"It's not like that. I just felt tired. I've been organising my new house with my mother for hours yesterday."

"Lucky you", i muttered to myself.

"What's lucky?"

Oops! Apparently, he heard me. He continued, "The sleeping thing or the organing house thing?"

"Hahaha. I meant the sleeping thing. Sometimes i had trouble sleeping. You know, i'm claustrophobic. When i was 8, my dad gave me a room for myself. The room was small and had a small window. On the first night, i had trouble sleeping. I was sweating like crazy, and it was hard to breath. When my father brought me to the hospital, the doctor told me that i have claustrophobia. It took me some times to adjust to it. My father eventually renovated my room, making it bigger and add at least 4 windows just so that i could fit in. And i did."