Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I like Luke. I really do, but the thing is I couldn’t fall in love with him no matter what I do maybe it’s because I already fell for Top ever since I was thirteen. Yes, I do love him. I guess you couldn’t believe it because he’s my bully but he was once my best friend too. I tried my best waiting for him, I really did. I have died everyday waiting for him, every second hurt me, every minute bruised me, every hour tore me, and every single day broke me.

Whenever I feel lost, I just look into his eyes I feel as if I had found myself again. When I’m scared losing ground when everything feels foolish, I just see him walking down that corridor and he turns it all around. And mostly, whenever I feel so down instead of breaking me when he tells me that I’m useless it pushes me to the top.

Even if I have a boyfriend I still daydream about being his; that Top driving me home every afternoon like he does to Brianna while I walk alone in the rain dripping. I know Brianna would kill me without any if she looked in my head. I know Brianna never said I love you yet to Top and I know that it kills him inside but I want him to know that I would be here ready to say I love you to him any time of the day. I would always hold him, cuddle with him, and coo him whenever he feels low.

I miss his green eyes every day, his contagious smile, and his lips and the way they verbalize. I don’t know why but Brianna can’t see the way Top’s eyes light up whenever Brianna smiles, she never notices how Top always stops and stares whenever she walks by, but the thing is he can’t see me wanting him the way he want her but he is everything to me.

Love used to be silly infatuations to me because I know it’s impossible for him to love me back but my thirteenth summer has been the best so far when we played as if we were going to get married and I dreamed as if it was real.

I feel disappointed. I’m hating myself endlessly knowing he will never love me back but all I can probably do is give him all my love even if it’s just behind closed doors and hope  that one day he will love me back.

Top’s P.O.V.

Blake and I locked the door and so that we were sure that Tiffany wouldn’t be able to go out but the thing was we forgot to bring the spare key that we got from the janitor’s closet but it was too late when we realized. We planned to scare Tiffany and see if she was still easily scared like before when we were younger.

“BOO!” Blake and I shouted in her ear in unison

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” She screamed on top of her lungs like it was the last thing that she would ever say

“HAHAHAHA!” Blake and I laughed like there was no tomorrow

“Oh, is the nerd crying?” Blake said sarcastically

“She is isn’t she?” I cooed sarcastically

“You’re not so strong now, huh?” I smirked, feeling a pang of guilt. I didn’t expect she would cry. After a few seconds she looked up and slapped me hard on the cheeks. I was stunned since it was the first time EVER she fought back to me

“YOU—“I started aiming for her but Blake stopped me

“Bro, she’s a girl. Plus she was once our most PRICED friend maybe up to now she still is and both of us know that.” He whispered which calmed me

“I guess we’re stuck here…” Blake finally spoke up after a minute or so which seemed to lessen the tension

“Yeah, if both of you weren’t so stupid about playing a prank which seemed to lock us in here we won’t be” Tiffany said in monotone

“Shut up Nerd” I said not in the mood for a fight

“Why? It’s true, isn’t it?” She retaliated

“I said shut up” I said with venom hoping it will shut her up

“Admit it Top, you were stupid”

“I SAID SHUT THE HELL UP!” I burst

“WHY? IF YOU WEREN’T SO STUPID I WOULD’VE BEEN HOME BY NOW!” Tiffany said shakily

“WELL, IF YOU WEREN’T SUCH A STUDY MANIAC WE WOULDN’T BE HERE! NOW WOULD WE!?”

“WELL, IF YOU JUST LET ME BE—“I cut her off

“I LET YOU BE FOR A MONTH BEFORE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENED!” I said almost giving everything away but stopped myself just in time

“YOU’RE NOTHING BUT A JERK” She said. Ouch, that actually hit me hard.

“You’re nothing but a fugly book reading maniac who’s so numb that doesn’t even know when someone is actually trying. You and you’re books are made to be best friends after all. You’re priceless, whether you believe it or not I wish I had never met you.” I said in monotone, immediately regretting what I said when I felt Blake nudge me secretly

“You know what? I wish I had never met you so that there would be no need to have you back as my best friend, no need of crying over you, no need of heart breaks, no need for pain or tears, no need for forgotten promises nor rejected hugs, no need for crying myself to sleep, no need for pretending like you care even if it was only in my head. No need, for everything you’ve done making me feel like absolutely nothing.” She said with tears falling down her eyes continuously. What she said actually sent daggers through my heart. She then went to a corner spilling all the tears and I could establish that she was talking to her wolf.

“You bastard” My wolf growled

“What now” I snapped back

“You made her cry!” He whimpered

“So? She was our best friend a long time ago and?” I said

“Whatever” He hissed

I sighed and stared at Tiffany. I saw her peaceful which seemed to relax me and fall asleep.