Chapter 1

He pulls the Bentley onto the curve. He opens the window and rests his arm on it. He turns his head. Her arms are folded. She looks at him as a tear falls down her face. She steps forward and sees a skeleton wearing a blue suit with a white shirt and orange tie. His other hand rests on the steering wheel. His  skull is stuck in a grinning position. " So this is where my partner has been for the past year. In this dump! How the hell have you made it?"  he says. She shakes her head and smiles " Will you ever stop offending people, Skulduggery?" She asks as he opens the front passenger door. The moon illuminates his skull. " That was a nice hello." he replies, patting the front passenger seat. She walks around the car and climbs in. She checks the seat." Who's been in my seat!? It's been adjusted! Skulduggery! Why?! You know it takes about forever to get it into the  perfect position." She looks at him with evil eyes. He shrugs. " Just Grand Mage Sorrows and Tanith Low. You can worry about that later" says Skulduggery as he puts the car into gear and drives. " Seatbelt, Val. You know the rules." Valkyrie frowns as she clicks her belt into place. The night sky reflects off the Bentley s they leave the small town.