The Life of a King: A Thug's Love

Ant's P.O.V

"AHHHH! Deondre , you're hurting me!" I heard my mom scream from the kitchen. "Come here you lil white bitch! I told you stop fuckin with that nigga huh? Didn't I?" I lay in my bed with the covers covering my whole body as I heard dishes crashing and things being thrown against the wall. "STOP IT! STOP IT!" I heard my mom screaming. I finally had the courage to get out of my bed and peep out my door. When I cracked open my door, I saw my mama in the middle of the floor, bleeding from everywhere on her face. I started to scream and cry while I got on my knees and held my mama. "Mama don't go. Please don't go. Don't leave me here!" I yelled. She just looked at me and smiled. I could see that she was hurting. I could see the pain through her eyes. "Baby, mama gone always love you. Mama gone always lo-" Her sentence stopped short and her face went cold. "Mama?" I started shaking her. "MAMA?!" I screamed louder and shook her harder. Then I broke down crying. I sobbed and I sobbed and I sobbed all over her dead body. When I collected myself, I wiped all the blood from my mama's hands and face. I put make up over here wounds and put her hands collapsed together on her stomach. I took the teddy bear she bought me for my birthday and placed it in between her collapsed hands, gave her a kiss on the forehead, and covered her up with her favorite blanket.

I walked into the kitchen to find my dad sitting at the table with a bottle of alcohol in his hands. his expression was blank as he just stared at the ground. "Why? Just why?" I said as coldly as ever. "Ant, I loved yo mama. I really did." Nigga you ain't love shit over here. All you did was abuse her, physically and verbally! My mama was nothing but faithful to yo dawg ass!" "Boy watch yah fucking mouth for you end up like yah mama there." "Nah nigga, you watch yo fucking mouth." BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! I shot him three times in the chest and once in the head. I cleaned the gun off and hid it under the couch. I heard my neighbors banging on the door saying they heard gun shots and they were calling the cops. I just sat there. I sat there until my ass was numb, in the same place in the middle of the floor. I heard the sirens getting closer and closer....

AHN! AHN! AHN! AHN!

I turned over and hit the snooze button on my alarm. I been having this same dream for five years, and I'm still not used to it.

My name is Stephen Anthony Wilkins, but everybody calls me Ant. I'm 17 years old. My mama was white and Puerto Rican, my daddy was black. I go to Courtsland High-school in New Orleans, Lousiana. The things in my past have caused me to not trust a damn thing. Not even family. It caused me to be the man I am today. Ion love nobody. My heart cold. I ain't no wanna be gangsta. I'm a motherfuckin' T H U G.