Chapter 5

Ant's P.O.V

I wake up to Chyna's screams and I immediately jump up.

"Chyna what's wrong?"

I reach for her but all she does is hit me in my chest repeatedly. I see that her eyes are still closed and I know that she's having a nightmare. I quickly grab her hands and shake her until i see her eyes pop open. She looks at me with tears in her eyes and gets out the bed, about to leave, but I grab her arm and pull her back to me.

"Chyna it's okay. Its just me, I'm not gone hurt you ma."

I hold her as she cries in my chest. I have no idea what her dream was about, but I know what she feeling. I know a thing or two about nightmares.

Chyna's P.O.V

I cry as Ant holds me and his scent is soothing. He rubs my back and circles my hair around his fingers. He hasn't even got to know me and he probably thinks I'm some psychotic girl who screams & punches people in her sleep.

"You know I don't think you're crazy right?"

He interrupted me from my thoughts. I lifted my head from his chest and looked in his big hazel eyes.

"How did you know I thought that?" He smiled at me showing his deep dimple.

"Cause I just know ma. I know what you going through. I mean I don't know what it is, but I know what nightmares are like."

"You might know nightmares, but you don't know mine. This is a constant movie that replays in my head almost every night. You don't know what that's like Ant." He looked at me and the look on his face changed. One of his eyebrows furrowed.

Ant's P.O.V

I looked at Chyna like she had two heads. I, Stephen Anthony Wilkins don't know what that's like?

"Chyna if anything, I know exactly what that's like. I watched my mama die in front of me then I killed the same man that killed her. My no good father. I've had the same dream almost every single night for the past 5 years and I'm still not used to that shit."

She looked at me with sad eyes and I could tell that she regretted saying that.

"Ant I'm so sorry. I feel so stupid for saying that."

"You good ma. It's not like you knew."

"But like you said about having the same dream and still not used to it.. I know what you mean. As many nights as I've had this dream, it feels like every dream is a brand new dream and every feeling that you should be used to feeling comes back harder and harder every night. It never gets old."

Damn. Everything this girl is saying right now is everything I've been trying to explain to people for years. It's funny how when I give up on trying to be understood by people, this girl pops up in my life and basically defines me and my feelings.

"If you don't mind me asking, what are your nightmares about?"

I can see the tears, anger, and hurt in her eyes. She starts to bite her lip to keep it from quivering and she stares at the ground. I just put her head back down on my chest and rub circles in her back. She stays there for a while and then she sits back up and looks me dead in the eyes.

"When I was 8 years old, my dad went to jail. A year later, my mama disappeared. After dad went to jail, she started prostituting herself just to get us by. Then one day she never came home. After that, I went to live in Shreveport with my aunt Lorraine and uncle Tim. Things went well the first month I stayed there. Then one night, aunt Lorraine had to work a late shift and I had to stay home with uncle Tim. One night when I was sleeping, he came in my room and got under my covers with me and started to pull down my clothes. I told him to stop but he wouldn't listen and the more aggressive I got, the more aggressive he got. He got on top of me and I screamed and he slapped me repeatedly and told me to shut the fuck up. Then he choked me as he forcefully went inside of me and all I can do was lay there as he took every inch of my innocence away from me. After that night, things changed dramatically. He started to hang around me more often. If I was watching tv, he'd come sit on side of me on the couch, put a pillow on top of my lap and stick his hands in my pants and play w. me. At the dinner table, everytime aunt Lorraine wasn't paying attention, he'd kick me under the table and then smile and wink at me. Sometimes he would even come sneak in the shower with me. Everytime I threatened to tell aunt Lorraine, he would violently beat me. He would throw me against the wall, punch me, slap me, stomp me, and he'd even spit on me. Said that if I ever told anybody that that would be my last words. I changed schools five times because everytime he'd beat me, I'd tell aunt Lorraine that I had gotten jumped by some girls at school. This went on for three years, until I was twelve years old and I moved down here to New Orleans to come stay with my grandma."

A tear slid down her cheek and more came afterwards. I wiped her face and kissed her forehead and pulled her on top of me. I let her softly cry in my chest. I really didn't care.This my second time seeing this girl cry today and everytime she does, it does something to me. I wanna hurt everybody in the world that ever made her cry. Ion even know ma like that, but she already got a nigga feeling some way about her. I put on my life if I ever catch her fuck nigga of an uncle, i'ma torture his ass slowly and make sure it's very painfully.

Chyna's soft snores interrupted me from my thoughts and I carefully moved her from on top of me to the bed. I pulled the covers over both of us and kissed her forehead once again.

"Sleep tight ma."

I saw a light smile appear on her face and she snuggled closer to me. Damn. This girl don't even know what she doing to me.

******************

The next day...

I wake up to the smell of eggs and sausage. I walk down the stairs and find Chyna in the kitchen cooking. She still had my big t shirt on and when she bent over to get the biscuits out the oven, I saw a lil bit of her ass and my friend got excited. Ma fine as hell.

Chyna's P.O.V

I turn around to see Ant standing by the island and I jumped a little. He started to laugh showing those sexy dimples.

"You startled me. I hope you don't mind. I just thought that I'd make you breakfast after everything last night. I really appreciate it Ant."

He walked up to me and kissed my cheek. "I'd do it a million more times for you ma."

After we ate, I went upstairs and took another shower and put my clothes on. It was too hot to wear my hair down, so I put it in a cute little bun. I couldn't really do much because I had none of my belongings, but ya girl still looked cute.I went downstairs and saw Ant sitting on the couch on his phone.

"I'm ready Ant." He looked at me like I had two heads. "Uhh earth to Ant. You still gone take me to Mama Sal's? That's where my car is you know."

He finally snapped out of his daze. "Yeah my bad. I'm still gone take you. c'mon."

"Hopefully a crackhead ain't try to hot wire my car or something." He looked at me and laughed. I walked out the door and he locked it behind me. We got in the car and sped off to Mama Sal's.

*******************

We arrived to Mama Sal's and my baby was still there. I checked around the car for any scratches or bump marks, but there was nothing. I grabbed my keys out my purse and unlocked my car. I turned around and smiled at Ant. He gave me a bigger one back.

"Thank you so much again, for bringing me here and everything else."

"No problem ma. Like I said, I'd do it a million more times just for you."

I blushed a little. I turned around to get in my car until I heard Ant's car turn around.

"Aye Chyna!"

"Yes Ant?"

"Text me later."

"But I don't have your number."

"Here, give me your phone."

I give him my phone and he puts the number in. He gives it back to me and smiles hard. Then he takes off. I look at my phone and he saved his number as that sexy boy Ant. I laughed out loud and changed it to Ant with a heart and a kissy face. I get in my car and take off.

*******

When I arrive home, an unknown car is parked in the drive way. I unlock the doors in the house and walk in.

"Grandma you home?"

I don't hear anything and I walk in the kitchen to find a note on the refrigderator.

Ran to the store for a couple of groceries. Be back in a few!

xoxo

-Grams

I pick the note up and throw it in the trash then head to my room. I opened the door and threw my purse on the bed. I went to put my shoes in the closet and started to play Migos "Fight Night". As soon as I turned around, a fist connected with my face and I fell hard. I hear laughter. I look up and see..