Chapter 4: Someone like me

THE TRUTH ABOUT LOVE

Chapter 4: Someone like me

Luke's P.O.V.

"I like the fire in your eyes, son," my coach says as I take a five minutes break from my assault on the punching bag.

I couldn't sleep all night because of that stupid game Little Thing started. Who the hell does she think she is? I'm such a shit head for accepting her challenge. But yeah, a challenge is a challenge even if it's thrown at me by a feisty little girl in a green Mustang.

After brushing the dripping sweat away from my face I place my gloves back on my hands and start pummeling the bag with renewed rage. Fucking. Bitch. And. Fucking. Me.

"You may want to stop him or he'll hurt himself," I hear Aiden's cocky remark from behind me. For a moment I consider stopping and jabbing him in the face but getting into a fight with Aiden is pretty hard since that bastard is a heavyweight ex boxing champion.

"Is something wrong at school, Luke?" Coach asks in a worried manner. What the hell is with this interest in my personal life. If I don't have parents it doesn't mean I want them to act all carrying and shit.

"No," I rasp whilst hitting a right uppercut.

"Is it about a girl?" coach asks and without turning I know he's giving me one of his knowing smiles. Damn idiot, I don't like that bitch.

"No girl," I says breathlessly.

"Ok, son, you'll talk to us when you're ready," he pats my back and turns his attention to an old idiot who can barely rise his hand.

As I turn to go to my bag I see Seth unwrapping his Velcro whilst a big boobed chick drooled as she stares at his naked torso. However he didn't seem to give a damn about the chick or her big soul.

"What a big hearted girl you've got," I add, wiping myself with a towel.

"Big soul, bean sized brain," he completes me in a bored tone.

I can't help the chortle that escapes my mouth as I catch a glimpse of the girl who was now wiping her slobbery mouth. I don't think I'll ever find someone who's going to love me for me, the selfish prick I am.

Love? Did I say that dreadful word? I think I should go to sleep, I'm talking shit, probably from the tequila shots I drank last night.

"Dude, I swear it wasn't my idea," Ethan suddenly materializes in front of me with a irritated expression.

"What wasn't your idea?" I ask frowning. Did I miss something?

"My mom made me take her to school. She's punished or something," I shrugs looking at the closed gym door where no one sits.

"Who is this she?" I snap getting pissed off.

"Vivian," he responds narrowing his eyes at the door.

"Who's Vivian? Please don't tell me you named the door Vivian," I add trying to irritate him even more.

"Vivian's my fucking cousin.

As the words leave his mouth Little Thing swings the door open and enters the gym like it's extremely normal to invade someone else's territory.

She looks around, pushing a few rebel hairs away from her eyes. When her eyes land on me they narrow before a devilish glint flashes through them. Little Thing struts in our direction, carrying a white gym bag in one hand.

What is she doing with that bag? I hope it's not happening what I think it's happening.

"I'm officially a member of this gym, yay!" She says in a saccharine sweet tone.