Chapter 37

I woke up and through the blankets off me and pushed whatever it was that was making me hot off the bed. It landed with a thump and I remembered that dad was in bed with me. Fuck.

I looked over the bed and saw dad on the floor. "Halo, he said and I looked at him. "Yes?" "What time is it?" I grabbed my phone and saw it was "it's 5" I said then realized what happened. "Sorry" I said and he sat up.

"Are you feeling ok?" He asked. "Nope" I said and moved over. He put his hand on my forehead then pulled it away. "I think your sick" he said and I groaned. "I don't have time to be sick" I complained and he laughed. "Why don't you have time?" He asked. "I don't like being sick that's why" I said and pulled a blanket on me. I instantly regretted it.

"Ok I'll give you Aspirin for now and tomorrow we'll go to the doctors or something" he said then walked out of me room.

He quickly returned with Aspirin and water. I took the medicine and went back to bed. So did dad.

-----

"Halo-" "Jack no she's sick" I heard conversation. I kept my eyes closed as I didn't want to wake up but I was up. "Are you gonna take her to the hospital?" Jack asked. "Uh no not the hospital but she has a doctors appointment at five so I'll wake her up around 4 so she can take a shower and get ready" dad said. I took a peek and saw dad pushing Jack out the door and shutting it behind him.

I grabbed my headphones and my phone then put the earphones in. With my 'sleep' playlist on I feel asleep to Stomach Tied In Knots by SWS.

-----

"Halo.......Halo" I heard as someone shake me awake. I opened my eyes and saw dad. "Hey, get up and get ready you have a doctors appointment soon" he said and I closed my eyes again not wanting to wake up.

"Halo, you can sleep in the car, come on get dressed" he spoke softly. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. I bet I looked like a mess.

"Imma take a shower" I said and dad nodded. He left the room and I got off my bed and trudged over to my closet. I grabbed my black skinny jeans that were black and red checkered on the right side top side all red on the bottom  half of it, with just black on the left, and a Sleeping With Sirens shirt.

I got into the shower and started to feel a little better.

After I finished washing my face I got out and got dressed. I brushed once through my hair then grabbed a plain black sweater. I slipped on my black converse.

I sat on my bed and picked up Shawn Barakitty. I looked him over and held him to my chest. Sophie then walked over to me and jumped on the bed. She sat next to me and curled into a ball soon passing out.

There was a knock on my door and dad walked in. "Ready to go halo?" I nodded and he walked out. I got off my bed and was about to walk out of the room when I stopped to put Shawn back on the bed.

Dad walked back in and placed his beanie on my head. "There, now let's go" he said and I started to follow him but walking started to get really old.

"Dad?" "Hmm?" "Can you carry me to the car?" "Yeah" he said and stopped. He leaned down a little and I jumped onto his back. He carried me to to the passengers seat then sat me down and strapped my seatbelt on.

I leaned against the door and dad got in the car. He put on some quiet music and we rode to the doctors office in silence but it was a comfortable silence.

------

"Haley Gaskarth" the nurse called. I hate the doctors. Nervousness filled my stomach and that's not good considering I'm sick. Last time I went anywhere that had doctors I was questioned for what felt like hours and all I wanted that day was to rest because that day was horrifying.

I looked over at dad. "Come one Halo" he said and we stood up. I slipped my had into my dads as we walked into the room. A nurse led us to the room I was staying in then left.

"Dad can I play on you phone?" I asked. "Uh yeah here" he said while reaching into his back pocket to pull it out. He handed it over and just as I was about to play doodle jump the phone rang, of corse it did.

"Hey dad no cellphones here" I said and smiled at him. He rolled his eyes and put his had out for me to give it to him. I looked downs and saw it was Vic, Ooooo I WANNA TALK TO VIC! Why am I yelling in my own head? Oh well.

I looked at dad then back down at the phone. A smirk found its way onto my face. "Hello?" "Hey Ale- Halo? Why do you have your dads phone?" "Well I'm at the doctors and I got bored waiting for the doctor so I asked dad for his phone" I explained.

"Oh Halo why- 'is that Halo?! I wanna talk to her!!!' No I'm talking to her. 'But I thought you were gonna call Alex' I did call Alex but she has his phone" Vic explained to I think Jaime. I giggled and my phone rang. I looked at it and it said 'Jaime😜' I rolled my eyes and answered.

"Uh Halo can I haw my phone?" Dad asked. "Hold on I'm talking to Vic" I said and pulled my phone up to my other ear. "Hi Jaime" I said and they both started talking at once.

"Guys hold on" I said and put them both on speaker. "Ok Vic first since Jaime called second." "Why are you at the doctors?" "I'm sick-" I was cut off by a knock on the door.

"Hello Ill be your doctor for today" a lady said as she walked in. I sent a small smile even though I was nervous as fuck. The guys stayed quiet and I hung up then handed dad back his phone.

I have a feeling this is gonna take a while.