The Teenage Heir

The Teenage Heir

                In life, material things seem to be a necessity. Everyone in the world seems to oblige their selves in providing materials for their children, wife, parents and their loved ones. In our era, everyone seems to be indulged by their wealth and those materials that they have seems to be the one that measures their own personality. In this era, people will judge you based on what you have, not based on what they see.

                This story starts in a well-known private school for teens, the Westbridge’s Dalton-Briar Academy. A renowned public school where children could develop their talents, expand their knowledge and assure a bright future.

                The loud ringing of the bell awoke Katie from her quick nap near the cafeteria. “Oh no, I overslept! My next class is on the 5th building and I’m so far away. I won’t make it in time.” Katie fixed her cluttered books and put the in her old, tarnished bag.

“Katie Nicole Jensen!”  a voiced stopped Katie for a while. Katie looked behind her to find a very familiar face, her bestfriend: Alicia Maria Jackson. “Alice!, Glad you’re here but I have to go, I’m gonna be late for class.” Katie said while panicking. “Geez. Cool down a bit, here’s your Espresso Frappuccino!” Alicia said while handing over one of the Frappuccino. “Alice, you know that I don’t like it when you bring me these overprized coffees.” Katie said while giving Alicia a disappointed smirk. “Yeah, I know you hate it so much, but I’m not making you pay right? So, It’s either you drink this yummy, overprized Frappuccino which will help awaken your sleepy mind or I’ll just put it in the trash. Which is more of a waste? Your choice.” Alicia said while being overly sarcastic. “Okay, you win this time. But I gotta hurry see you later. Bye.” Katie said and went off running to the 5th building.

“Oh god. I’ve been in this school for 3 long years, and I still find myself lost! Why does this school have to be so big?! If it wasn’t for the scholarship I would’ve never went to this school!” Katie said in a very pissed manner.

“Miss, are you lost?” a man’s voice suddenly interrupted Katie’s tiny tantrums.

“No, I’m just hanging out in this stinky part of the school.” Katie said sarcastically while slowly turning around to see who the man is.

“Oh, silly me. Anyway, here’s the school’s especially made GPS. You could borrow mine but return it later. You should get one, if you’re always lost.” The man said handing over his GPS.

“Oh, Geez. Thanks. I couldn’t afford one since I’m only a student here because of a scholarship.” Katie said while getting the GPS device.

“Is that so? Well, you can keep it. I could buy another one anyway.” The man said while smiling at Katie.

“Are you sure? 'cos I know that these things cost a lot.” Katie said, doubting the man’s decision.

“Yeah. Keep it.” The man said while walking away.

“Wait! You look familiar. What’s your name? and thanks, by the way!” Katie shouted. The man didn’t answer, but Katie saw something peculiar. There was the group of girls who are very famous in their school. “Wait, is that? .. Woah! Those people are… Oh no, that’s the ‘Pink Devils’ . What are they doing here?” Katie said while slowly walking to hide behind the bush.

“Alexander Zayn Zulrander!” one of the girls shouted.

The man from earlier stopped and looked behind. “What?!” the man responded.