Chapter III: Getting into Virtual-Reality

A week has gone by and today is the big day.

Katie went to the House of Lee riding a big, black, shiny limousine that Xamuel sent to fetch her. Katie quickly entered the house and was directed toward a big empty room, the other member of the Circle as well as Xamuel, were there. Of course, the other pawns were also there, but she didn’t get the chance to see them all.

“Katie, in a few moments you’ll be lying there and equipped with a virtual-reality machine, and the game begins. Rules are simple, kill the other pawns and they’ll be out. Don’t worry they’re not dead when you kill them. It’s just virtual-reality, they’ll remain alive. But  they can still feel pain. The setting of the event today is the ‘forest’, so do what you need to last longer than others, if you need to climb trees, stay in a cave, or whatever then so be it. If you see a Bishop Chess Piece, don’t ignore it. It’s a power-up, it might be a weapon, or whatever you need. Now, here are my last tips, Never go for the obvious kill, they’ll be expecting that, and you will lose. Do not target my sister’s pawn, my sister is really clever, I’m guessing that her pawn would plant many booby traps around her, so that the chances of getting close  is around 10%, with this rate, the nutheaded rooks’ pawns will run straight to the Bishops pawn, thinking that they have the biggest advantage. If given a chance, help my sister’s pawn, she’s your biggest chance of surviving longer. At the rate when my sister’s pawn eliminates all the other pawn. The Queen’s Pawn will rush down, and eventually ‘take’ my sister’s pawn. You’ll be next, make as many booby traps as possible to keep the Queen’s pawn away from you, if you’re lucky, it might eliminate the Queen’s pawn. Lastly, do not let their hands touch you, they’ll crush you instantly. Now, here’s your first power-up, use it wisely. Goodluck.”

“Thank You. I’ll do my best.” Katie answered nervously.

“Now, go there and lie down, the machine will now be equipped to you and you’ll be heading to the Virtual-Reality soon.” Xamuel said

Katie went to  the soft, white bed and lied down. The machine was equipped to her and before she even noticed it, she was now unconscious and is being delivered to the Virtual-Reality Forest.

A few moments of silence filled the air, Xamuel noticed that all of the other pawns, were lying in the bed too. Their masters were just standing there, watching over their beloved pawn as they enter the virtual-reality world. 

The operator started the machine and a female robot voice was heard throughout the room.

Virtual-Reality Room Activated,

Virtual Settings – Forest

Virtual Player – Rook 1 Pawn

Name: Peter Bennett

Class: 3-D

Master: Dmitry Tyler Morse

Status: Online

Virtual Player – Rook 2 Pawn

Name: Noah Cyrus

Class: 4-D

Master: Alexander Zayn Zulrander

Status: Online

Virtual Player – Knight 1 Pawn

Name: Sky Reagan

Class: 3-B

Master: Ashley Moreene McAdams

Status: Online

Virtual Player – Knight 2 Pawn

Name: Liam James Powell

Class: 3-B

Master: Zeddicus Kyle Trager

Status: Online

Virtual Player – Bishop 1 Pawn

Name: Katie Nicole Jensen

Class: 3-A

Master: Xamuel Skylar Sparks

Status: Online

Virtual Player – Bishop 2 Pawn

Name: Cassandra Ariah Sutton

Class: 4-A

Master: Chloe Rebecca Sparks

Status: Online

Virtual Player – Queen’s Pawn

Name: Alicia Marie Jackson

Class: 3-B

Master: Candice Brianna Fulton

Status: Online

The Event will start in 3…2….1…