Chapter Five

Tyra lead them all to the Sparring Meadow. As soon as they arrived, all the wolves stopped and lowered their heads and tails in obedience.

Jasmine couldn't seem to hold it in any longer. She squealed and darted towards them as she changed. So much for hiding her.

The other wolves immediately took an interest in her. They gathered around her, smelling and when she began to play, they happily joined in. At least word of her had already spread so they would be careful.

Tyra's chuckle filled the air before she darted forwards as well. She changed nearly as fast as Jasmine and had the same faint glow.

Other then her firmer muscles, her wolf form looked exactly like I remember. Her pelt was glowing a little though. Had she begun to learn magic in her absence? The thought should have repulsed him, but it was Tyra, so he felt only a spark of interest.

He left them to go change in the woods. Tyra was right. Jasmine didn't need to see her father naked.

By the time he returned, Jasmine and Tyra were both play fighting with the other pack mates. His wolf nearly charged at them at the sight, but he was able to rein him in and calm him.

Once he was calm, he forced himself to watch as his ladies and the pack playfully sparred. Jasmine was a quick learner. She was already learning how to read the body language of others. Tyra had learned alot to. She easily dodged each attack thrown at her. With each dodge, more wolves joined in, likely curious to test her skills.

When ones teeth came to close for comfort, his wolf let out a warning growl and they all parted as he came closer.

When he closer, Jasmine trotted over to him and he brushed his head against her gently. She then let out a soft howl at him and had let out a small excited bark in response while leaning his front legs down to her height.

She barked back, doing the same before Tyra walked between them and Jasmine scampered off to follow her as she headed back to the house.

He stood, then watched as the pair made their way back to the packhouse. Half of him admired the pair and the fact that he had a family, the other half couldn't help but admire Tyra and her very fine wolf ass as it made it's way back up the hill.

"I want to meet the men you detained that were after Jasmine." Tyra said as soon as he rejoined her in the living room.

"Jasmine is with your parents." She explained when he looked around for her. He didn't like the idea of missing any more of her life, but he understood.

"Very well." He gave in with a sigh. He couldn't deny her.

"Come on." He said as he made his way out of their house and towards the barn that secretly was their prison for invading wolves, as well as those who caused trouble among the pack.

His wolves had already been questioning the two they had caught but had not come up with anything useful yet. Perhaps Tyra could come with something useful from them. They would have to be careful though. Tyra was their target after all.  The guards were nervous about their visit, but he waved them off and they left to stand guard outside.

The prisoners immediately reacted when they realized who she was. Both of them stood and made their way to the side of the cages.

"Witcher." One of them immediately said in greeting.

" Daywalker." Tyra immediately responded, but the coldness of her voice startled him. It was like she was a completely different person.

"Witcher?" Rafe immediately asked.

"Means half-witch half-wolf. Its the cute nickname they gave me when I started killing them for trying to take my daughter." Tyra taunted as she answered Rafe's question without looking at him.

He had the feeling that no matter what happened, she wasn't going to take her eyes off them. He knew she probably behaved this way because of personal experience with them. It was one he hoped he would never have to learn. 

" No matter how many of us die, there is to much profit to be made. We will never stop coming." One of them taunted as Rafe's eyes narrowed and Tyra lunged as a dagger materialized in her hand.

The man hissed as a sizzling sound filled the air. It was then Rafe saw the blood dripping from the dagger in Tyra's hand. Seconds later, she spoke in a language he didn't understand. Seconds after she spoke, her dagger glowed and he realized she was using magic on him.

" You now bear my mark, Daywalker and you know the consequences if you threaten us again." She said smugly to him, to which he immediately charged the gate of his cage, making them both step back. When he failed to reach them, he hissed at them and Rafe jumped back as he realized the man was half vampire and that's why his heartbeats had been so slow.

"Should I mark you to psychic, or have you learned your lesson?" She said as she moved on to the second cage. The man in the second cage immediately cowered in the corner when she spoke. He was far younger then the first.

"Who hired you?" She immediately demanded of the man who now sat in the corner farthest from her and eyed her fearfully.

Seeing her like this further reminded him of what she must have had to endure, as well as what extremes she had likely been forced to do to keep both her and their daughter safe. He was determined to make sure she would never have to behave this way again and he would bring her back to the person he used to know.

"Answer me." Tyra demanded as she slammed her hand against his cage and the sound snapped Rafe out of his thoughts.

"Byrne." The man whispered before she could strike the cage again.

The other man immediately yelled in rage at the word and tried to grab the one who had ratted their boss, but when Tyra held up the blade, the runes on it glowed again and the man made a hissing noise of pain before he retreated. So that was what her mark did?

"Brain Byrne?" Tyra questioned when she turned her attention back to the psychic.

Rafe knew the name. He was a billionaire wolf shifter whose methods had landed him with many lawsuits that he bought his way out of. He was known for hiring mercenaries of any kind, human, vampire. Whatever being suited to his need, he would hire them. Had he brokered some kind of deal with the mercenaries? But why Tyra and Jasimine?

The man's silence was his answer and Tyra nodded satisfied.

"Let them go. My mark will kill the Daywalker if he ever comes close to us again and the psychic won't bother us again." Tyra said as she turned and walked out.

Rafe wanted to argue but relayed her orders once they were outside. He would have to trust her. She had been keeping herself as well as Jasmine safe for this long after all.

The moment the guard was gone, Tyra turned and buried her face in his chest. He immediately wrapped his arms around her, shocked by her reaction after she had just been so dominating and in control. It was all an act?

" I just want this all over." She whispered into his chest and he held her tighter, wishing he could make everything better. How could he though, when she wouldn't tell him what the hell was going on.

"What did he mean by there is too much profit to be made?" He asked and wondered what he said when she went stiff and pulled away.

"Our daughter is not some prize to be sold." She said on a growl before she walked away from him.

"That's not what I meant. Just tell me what the hell is going on!" He called after her, throwing his hands up in the air in frustration.

" I need to talk to my brother and father." She said as she ignored him. That caught his attention.

"You found your biological dad?" He asked as he chased after her.

"Yea and you already met my half brother, James." She said in an answer as she pulled out a cell from her pocket.