Chapter One

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.

Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."

- Martin Luther King , jr.

"And nothing have came back to you yet?" I shock my head. "Nothing," I mumbled. "This is a really unique case of amnesia. Most things should have been back years ago," he said. Yeah, I was unique. Abadoned by my parents at some time, hurt by something, set into coma for about a month. And all that were five years ago. "So why?" I asked. "How is there that nothing have came back? Not even a little bit?" He bit his lip. "I don't know. There could be different reasons.." I sighted. "It's like I've only lived for five years," I mumbeled. He nodded. "It's weird, isn't it?" I nodded back. "And there's no way to.. get the memories back?" He looked out of the window, wistfully, and I did to. "I am afraid we have tried everything possible." I kept looking out. "I'm lost," I said, grabbing my coat and standing up. "Valerie.." he said, but I interrupted him. "No," I said. "I am lost." And so I walked out of the office and down the hall. "Psychologist," I whispered to myself. "More like some random depressing person with no life." I heard his voice from behind, but didn't stop. I ran from the dark truth. I didn't belong in this world. I didn't belong anywhere.

I kept running. Down the street, past the stores, past everyone staring at me. The rain had started falling down from the grey, dark sky. It dripped down on me, getting me soaking wet. But it didn't matter. This whole town semt so common, yet unknown. Every town has it's secrets. Just like every person have. And just as I though about that, I rounded the swing and crashed into something. Someone. "Pardon me," I mumbled, trying to get away so that I could keep running. "Who even says that anymore?" a boy voice said. I looked up, seeing a guy my age. "Look, I have to go," I said, trying to get away. But when I moved, he moved. I could not get past him. "Where are you going?" he asked. "Home." He gazed at the sky and smiled. "Right. Will I see you tomorrow?" I raised a brow. "At school. Seems like most kids around here go to the same school." I raised an eyebrow. "Small town," he added. "I guess." He smiled and moved out of the way. "See you tomorrow, then", he said. I kept walking, but didn't feel like running anymore. He had been right. It was a small town, and new people never moved here. Except from into the children's home, but it had been a while since last time. And I would have seen him around. I took a deep breath and walked in.

"Look who's home from the psycologist," I heard a voice say. "Are you still insane?" Another one. They were all around the table in the dining room, right next to the hall. Around the big wooden table, joking around and eating. I saw someone put some chicken in their mouth. I ignored them. "Dinner?" Eliza said. She just started working at the children's home, and I had to admit I liked her. "No. Thank you, Eliza." I started walking upstairs, towards my room. I dumped down at my bed and pulled up my phone, putting my headphones on. And as the music started floating into my ears, I suddenly fell asleep.

The wind keep blowing my hair into my face, but it do not notice. I hear peeps, loud enough to hurt my ears. The only sound louder is voices. Whispering voices of every kind. I hear children, adults and baby's crying. Once one voice dies out, turning into a scream, another takes it's place. The screams, whispering and peeps confuse me and makes it harder to run. I am running forward. All I see is fog. Thick, hot fog which hurts my skin as I run. Faster and faster. I turn around. Darkness is behind me. A think, dense mas moves, faster and faster, towards me. It leaves a vibrant, desolating fire behind, burning everything out of it's way. I turn back forward, just to see an unforgetable scene. A beautiful woman, with long, light hair. Her eyes are blue as the night sky, and her skin is pale as if she was dead. I suddenly can not run any further. I am stuck at the same place, running and running. And as the dark swirls around me, I scream. A loud, terrible scream which leaves an ecco loud enough to destroy the humanity. The last thing I can see before the scene changes, is the beautiful colour in the eyes start swiling around. And so I see my self. I see my self at the hospital. I look like dead. Unreal. Unhuman. And just as I think that, with the scream still filling my ears, I see my eyes opening. They do not have pupils, but are all one colour. Red. And just as I am starting to wake up, all sounds dissapear and all I can hear is one word, repeating it self over and over again.

And as I woke up, I heard my voice whispering those words. Darkness. Darkness. Darkness. I opened my eyes. I was filled with horror.