Chapter 22 : Split Statue

Syrena and Myers both made it inside the building.Going down the little elevator lift they stepped off as they were back on the ground. Pushing the big golden doors they stepped into what used to be Abe's room. Syrena plopped down in one of the chairs as she started at the fire place. Myers stood there watching her.

"Would you like me to get you some food?" Myres asked.

"Yes,fruit please." Syrena said her not moving her eyes away from the fire.

He nods before making his way out the door towards the cafeteria. When he was out if site Syrena got up from her seat and stood in front of the fire place. Carefully she stool her hand out and put it inside the fire. Her skin didn't burn.It didn't hurt. She tilted her head at seeing her hand glow red and started to get hot.Very weird.She pulled her hand out, wiggling her fingers and the red glow started to disappear.

The doors opened and Myers came in with a plate of fruit. He sets it down on the table and Syrena makes her way towards him. She grabbed one of the grapes that was in the plate and popped it in her mouth.

"Manny will be on his way soon. He's just in a meeting." Myers said.

"I don't care." Syrena said graving another grape.

"I take it you don't like him that much." Myers said.

"No. He's a waste of a life."

"You know I've never seen you when I was here the first time."

"I didn't really show myself. Stayed in my room reading, practicing my archery."

"So your the smart sibling?"

"And oldest."

"How old are you?"

Syrena grabbed an apple off the plate and started walking back to her previous seat.

"Never ask a woman her age,Agent Myers." Syrena said before taking a bite of her apple.

"I'm sorry miss bloom-I mean Syrena."

Syrena started at him and watched his checks tint pink.Smirking she took another bite out if her apple.

"Your blushing! How cute." Syrena said making him blush more.

"So Agent Myers,what was the reason I am here,again?" Syrena asked.

"Um Manny didn't tell me."

"Oh he must have! Tell me."

"I don't know."

Getting up Syrena threw the rest if her apple in the trash. She walked over to him and stared up at him,batting her eyelashes. Syrena leaned towards him a little.

"Please tell me."

"I don't-"

Syrena cut him off by putting a finger up to his lips. She leaned over and whispered in his ear.

"Just tell me...I will be very upset if you don't."

Myers gulped and Syrena pulled away from him just as the doors opened. Syrena faked a smile,her teeth gritted.

"Manny."

"Syrena, thank you for coming."

"What is it you need help with?" she asked.

"We need your help with a few things. That and there's something you might want to see." he said.

"Show me."

¸.•*¨*'•. ¸.•*¨*'•.

Manny brought Syrena in front off a silver door that had a big lock on it. He had a file in his hand and looked at it quickly before looking at her.

"Found out about this last night." Manny said.

Manny opens the lock and it falls to the floor. He pushes open the door and we step into a white room. I only took two steps before I froze. In the middle of the room held the statue of Nuala. Syrena went up to it.

"We've been keeping her here. Last night the lights and cameras went out and when they were back on." Manny said.

He stepped by the statue grabbing her face and pushing it apart. The statue was split in half.There was nothing inside but a hollow space.

"This impossible...it shouldn't be hollow inside the whole thing should be solid."Syrena said.

"We think that something could have come out of it. We caught something jumping over the gate.We were wondering if you would be able to find it." Manny said.

"I will...whatever it was couldn't have gone far." Syrena said.

She turned and walked out the door with Manny hot on her heels.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"Back to Manhattan."