Chapter 25 : What Am I?

Syrena stared at the page and froze in her spot. Could this be true? Is this her purpose of being here, her destiny? She shook her head. No, it couldn't be true. She was like any other siren. Except she was royalty, and she couldn't deny that she had some sort of power.But a solider? A living, breathing golden solider and leader of an army? Why had her father ripped out the pages? Why didn't he tell her about this in the first place?

Syrena put the book away and started to pace around her room. She didn't know what to think, her that was once clouded with questions is now clear. But now new questions were in her head; Did her mother mother know? Did her brother?And most importantly what was she? Syrena ran out of her room and made her way towards Abe's. When she got there she busted through the doors.

Abe was sitting on the couch reading a book but his head went up at the sound of the doors opening. Syrena was pale, paler than before. Abe got up from his seat and went to her side.

"Syrena are you feeling well?" Abe asked.

"Help me..I-"

Abe cut his friend off by picking her up and carrying her to the infirmary. He laid her down on the chair. Syrena watched as her friend looked around for certain tools.

"Abe?" Syrena asked.

"Yes?" he asked.

"What am I?"

Abe stopped looking and turned towards his friend. He grabbed the little flash light and mad his way towards her.

"What do you mean?" Abe asked.

"What am I?" Syrena asked again.

Abe clicked the flash light on and checked both off her eyes.

"Um, you are a Siren. A creature-"

Syrena grabbed his arm pulling the flash light away from his hands and throwing it at the wall.

"I'm not just that! I'm a lot of things...I have a destiny that was written before I was born. I don't know who I am, I don't know what I am." Syrena said.

She grabbed her friends shoulders. Abe looked at his friend worried. What was she saying?

"What am I?!"

"You are my friend. You are a sister. You are the daughter of a queen.The last off your kind." Abe replied.

Syrena let go off his shoulders. She shook her head.

"No....I am not the last of.I am the only thing of my kind." Syrena said.

Before Abe could say anything the alarms went off. Myers came run through the doors.

"Guys, there's been a attack. It's Nuada." Myers said out off breath.