Chapter 15 : Eating a normal sized meal

Chapter 15

Morning...

Jeff POV

"You have to eat and drink all of this before we head to school," Alex said, placing a plate in front of me.

She put down a drink too. It was chocolate milk.

"No, I can't."

"Jeff, you have to."

"Why?"

"Because you're too skinny. Now eat."

I looked down at the plate. There were 2 pancakes and some syrup. I honestly don't remember the last time I had pancakes... It was probably back when I was like 6 or 7.

Nick and Alex sat down, and started eating their breakfast. They had the same thing as me. I slowly picked up my fork and knife. I really didn't want to eat, but I was afraid of getting in trouble. So I started cutting up my pancakes.

15 minutes later, I'd finished my breakfast, minus the chocolate milk.

"Come on. You have to drink it before we go," Alex said, putting the milk right in front of me.

"No. I already ate breakfast. Please don't make me drink it. I'll have to go to the bathroom during class."

"Jeff. It's perfectly normal to have to go during school. That's why they have bathrooms there. Drink it. We're not going to school until you do."

I sighed, but drank it anyway. I just didn't want to get in trouble or make them mad at me. They're all I have now...

Later...

Alex POV

We were at lunch right now, trying to get more food into Jeff. But he really just didn't want anything. We got him to eat about half his lunch, and we made him have another chocolate milk.

And we still had about 15 minutes left before our next class.

I noticed Jeff fidgeting next to me. He keeps looking around, like he's watching for danger. I can't really blame him for that...

"Jeff, do you have to go to the bathroom?" Nick asked.

I looked at Jeff. He nodded.

"Why don't you go now, before our next class?" Nick asked.

Jeff shook his head no.

"Why not?" Nick asked.

"I'll get hurt, like at my old school."

"No, you won't, Jeff. There's a no bullying policy here," Nick said.

"I'm not going."

"What are you going to do? Hold it for 2 more hours?" I asked.

He nodded.

"No. That's going to be impossible. What about if Nick goes with you? He'll make sure you don't get hurt."

Jeff looked at Nick.

"Come on. I'll take you," Nick said, standing up.

Nick took Jeff's arm, and made him get up. I watched them walk out of the cafeteria.

We're making progress though. We're getting more food in Jeff than he normally has. And more fluids so hopefully he's not dehydrated. And we're gaining his trust. Hopefully sometime soon, we'll be able to get him to tell us what happened with his dad.

Nick and Jeff came back a few minutes later.

"How was it?" I asked.

"Terrifying..."