Epilogue

???

It opened its eyes, and was blinded by the light shining down upon it.

God, I didn't know hell would by this bright. It thought. It tried to stand up, but pieces of ceiling trapped it.

With a shove, it threw off the rubbish and sat up. It brushed itself off and looked around.

The place it was in was trashed, like a bomb was set off in there. Nothing was in good shape, it was either burned or crushed. Or caved in, like the ceiling.

It tried to stand up, but the dizziness from having just become conscious kept it sitting. It lied back down on its back, closing its eyes and deeply breathing.

It tried standing up again after a minute, and didn't feel wobbly. As it stretched out its legs, it heard a noise coming from a large hallway with blown out metal doors.

It ran to the nearest exit, crouching behind a non-broken wall. The sound it heard was running, sounding like about 5 people.

The five of them or so ran out the large hallway and out the other end, not hesitating for a second. It breathed out a sigh of relief, and stepped out from behind its wall.

It suddenly remembered a place it should go to, and it almost robotically started walking there. It kept going further and further into the building, the place looking more and more familiar as it went.

It eventually stopped in front of a door, and slowly opened it. The room was an organized mess, aesthetically pleasing to anyone who saw it.

It stepped over piles of clothes, and nearly tripped over a wooden practice sword.

It made its way over to the closet, and opened it to find an assortment of clothes hung up on hangers. They were shoved together, like one touch would send them flying everywhere.

It looked above all of that and saw a little shelf, made out of a crumbling piece of wood. It reached its hand up there, and felt a rounded piece of terracotta, and took it down

What it pulled down was a mask, and it was deceptively simple one. It slipped it onto its face, and said to itself,

"It's time to begin."