Chapter 3: Snowflake

***Sorry for any mistakes***

Chapter 3: Snowflake

**********

Victoria’s POV

**********

“Thomas, please make sure Mr. Matthews is notified that the meeting with Mr. Wilson has been moved.”

“Yes ma’am” I hear Thomas say as he returns to his office, to make the phone call.

I finish up a few business documents I have. Administering a business is absolutely complicated, the classes I am taking in college have definitely helped me manage the company better, but with a company as big and well known that I own, raises the bar entirely. I am constantly stressed about whether I’ll be able to make this company prosper or not. The stress increases every time we have a board meeting, the discussion about me dating “the enemy”, “the competition”, is constantly thrown at me. I try my best to state that my personal and business lives are completely separate.

I close my laptop, after logging out, and place it into my work bag. I grasp financial documents, client lists, investors’ lists and place them beside the laptop, securing them in my work bag. I lean back on my chair and stare up at the ceiling.

“Ms. Collins?” I hear Thomas say at the door.

I sit upright and look at him, “Yes?”

“Mr. Matthews wants to see you”

“Let him in”

After a few seconds, a tall and built man dressed in a suit enters my office. Derek Matthews has worked in the company for two years; my father had barely hired him before I took over. He was surprisingly young, at the age of 25 he was already at the highest level of the company, I actually like the fact that he too is young, he seems to have my back during board meetings and we’ve become good friends.  He takes a seat across my desk and smiles.

“You getting ready to leave?” He asks curious.

“Yeah I need to leave everything in order for the next two days”

“Are you ready to go back home?”

“Not really, I have a lot of work here in the office and school but I promised my mom I would go for her birthday”

“Ah, well I’ll keep everything under control here, but as to your school work I can’t do a damn thing” He chuckles and I laugh with him.

“Well I’ll only be away for two days, but who knows what Thorne will put in everyone’s mind” I say irritated.

“Don’t sweat it. Everyone in the office loves you, and you’re doing an amazing job”

“Thanks Derek” I say smiling.

***

I dropped off my work bag at the apartment and grab my school bag, filled with another laptop, books, and countless papers. I quickly make my way towards my car and head towards the public library, where I plan to study for a little before meeting up with Sebastian.

**********

Cole’s POV

**********

I watch from the corner, her long hair and thin body sit at a table in the library. I lean my head against a bookshelf and lock my eyes on her, watching her every move. I see her take out her laptop and type, since I’m too far to know what she’s typing I just think it’s either work or school, both irreverent to the reason why I’m here. Her back is turned towards me, I see students come in and out; everything inside me struggles not to get up and take my revenge right there and then.