Chapter Five

**Nia's P.O.V**

When halfway down the cable, my hands are numb from supporting my entire body weight with my hands while holding onto a crowbar. I feel myself gaining speed with each second that goes by, adding to my adrenalin launch. My legs start to move rapidly as my hands begin to slip and I feel myself falling before hurdling onto the top of the black building. The roof is filled with gravel and hard stones. When I see where the cable ends I force my hands off the crowbar and it falls on the rough gravel half way across the roof as I an flung at it full speed ahead. I feel my pants rip from my awkward landing on my hands and my knees. The rough skin on my hands and my knees begin to peel off as the gravel starts slowing me down after colliding with it. I scramble to stand and I find myself falling over my twisted ankles at the edge of the building. I land flat on my stomach with my head suspended over the edge of the four story building. I look down and gasp at the drop I could have taken but didn't. Its beautiful down there- there are brightly coloured flowers at the bottom of the creep looking building. I lift my head, surprised to what the town looks like. It looks a lot more detailed than it did back on top of the cornucopia. The same brightly coloured houses inhabit my vision as well as they're typical brown rooftops. The are large streets throughout the vicinity of the arena. Before I get lost in this beautiful arena I begin to think about what could be inside those houses. I doubt there is any food- clothing- or much of anything really. They are probably all visually pleasing but are probably abandoned or inhabited by genetically modified civilians. I bring my knees to the hard grab and begin crawling backwards before standing up. My knees burn when they touch the gravel and so do my hands when I get up.

I look down at the gravel and it is evident where my hands and knees touched the flat roof- the grey gravel is covered in light blood. I look at my hands, and my knee- both are scraped badly and hurt like hell. I'll have to stay extra careful to avoid them getting infected if they aren't already now. That reminds me- my foot. The gravel is cold against my one bare foot as I lift it up and let out a large sigh when I see that it is not infected or anywhere close to the colour that woman's foot was. Thank god it just nipped my toe. I look back up at the building before walking towards my crowbar. A small figure of a man is pushed off the roof of the cornucopia. I watch as his body flail's in the air before spinning upside down and collides with the road under an exit of the building. An exit? There's an exit? My mind starts to race as I see a woman rip off her shirt and wrap it around the cable before hurtling towards me.

I run towards my crowbar and grab it looking for an exit. My eyes scramble and I find a small metal hatch in the floor which looks like the entrance to an attic in a home from my district. I grab my crowbar- it is cold against the warm blood on my hands and cold against my skin. I hit it vigorously at the hatch before making a hole in it. I reach inside and undo a small lock before opening it. I look down- carpet. Blue carpet. The lighting is dim- kind of like when a movie is playing in a theatre back in one. I look back up at the building and the woman is more than halfway down the cable. I clench my crowbar in my hands before throwing it down the hatchet and grabbing my bag off my back. I open it and grab a toothed blade right at the top of my destroyed bag. The plastic handle on the blade is cool against my red hand. I run towards the closest portion of the cable before creating friction between the large cable and the ridges on one side of my blade. My hand starts to hurt as I begin moving it back and forth faster and faster. The pain is almost unbearable in my sensitive hand. My other hand grips the back of the cable before I reach the homestretch as I move the blade faster and faster and faster until the cable breaks in half and my knife falls to the ground. The woman lets go of her shirt as the cable begins to fall to the floor. Her body lands flat on her back and she lays there, trying to move her body. The thought of me doing this to someone is insane, and so are these games.