Chapter 3

Chloe as played by Lauren Jauregui from Fifth Harmony. She's so pretty!

~•~

Once I got home, I immediately called for my maid, Amara, to look for my mom cause sometimes I can't find her in the house. She just goes to random places and I didn't really want to have a goose chase with her right now.

After a while, I heard a knock on my door and opened it knowing that it was my mom.

"Hi sweetie!" She greeted with a warm smile. My mom is really pretty even without make up but she does own a make up company called 'Colors And Shades' so she always uses them.

"Hey mom, please next time, don't let me ride home with Adrian. I can just carpool with Bri or Chloe next time." I said with a sigh.

"Why? His mother is very nice and I'm assuming that he is too."

"Well, his mom might be nice but he's not so yeah and I'm gonna go up to my room now.", I headed up to my room with Amara following behind me.

"Wait darling, we're having guests for dinner tonight so get dressed."

"Ok mom." I didn't bother asking who it was cause I knew that she wouldn't tell me anyways.

~•~

I decided to call Chloe because I wanted to tell her all about the car ride.  Also because I'm more comfortable with sharing stories to her. I reached for my phone and dialed her number. After two rings, she picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey Chloe!"

"Hi! What's up?"

"I just got home
from the worst ride ever."

"Oh god, what went
wrong this time? Can
I come over?"

                                   "Yeah sure."

"K see ya."

After hours of waiting, just kidding it was only 15 minutes, she barged in my room.

"Oh my god so what happened?" She asked with a face that was full of curiosity.

"Hello to you too!" I smiled sarcastically. I honestly don't get surprised if she barges in because she kinda always does it anyways.

"Courtney, what happened?" She asked while sitting on the corner of my bed.

I honestly feel pretty weird now cause I made her come here just for me to rant about something so petty. I then remembered that Chloe loves gossip so it's fine.

So I told her the whole story from asking Kendall to the whole 'slow down the car' thing. I didn't explain the parts where he threw shade at me because she'll just make fun of me.

"Wow. I am speechless."

"Really? That's a first." I said trying to lighten the mood a bit.

After a while she turned back to her original self. Then some weird sound of a chicken filled the room and I bursted out laughing. I laughed even more when I realized that the sound was her ringtone.

"I cannot! Hahaha!" I laughed as I almost had the urge to start rolling all over my bed.

"Shut up you uh bubble of fries!" One thing about Chloe is that she cannot make insults.

"Really a bubble of fries? Who called you anyways?" I said as my lighter died down.

"Uh Zach." She said while her cheeks slightly going crimson.

"As in Bri's bro, Zach?" I asked unbelievably. I never knew that they called each other.

Amara then called out before Chloe got a chance to answer. "Courtney! Get ready for dinner!"

I dropped the topic of Zach because I had to get ready for dinner.

"Who's it with?" Chloe asked while her eyes going wide.

"I honestly have no idea but I guess if I ask my mom you can join us." I suggested.

She clapped enthusiastically and nodded her head with a smile.

I smelled food from the kitchen which meant my mom was cooking something so I knew that she was in there.

My assumptions were correct and I asked her if Chloe could join us and she said yes just as long as it's only Chloe.

I went back to my room and found Chloe looking through my wardrobe.

"What are you doing?" I asked while closing the door.

"Duh, I'm looking for whatever your gonna wear for the dinner." She answered while going through my clothes.

I sat down on the edge of my bed while waiting for her for her to find a dress. She finally found it and I thought it was perfect.

~•~

After getting ready a bit, we were done. I was wearing a white short dress which reached just above the knees, it was simple but elegant. Chloe was wearing a tucked in, black long-sleeve and a flared red skirt that she was actually wearing when she got here.

I heard a doorbell go off and that was our queue to go down and greet the guests.

You wouldn't believe my surprise when Chloe and I realized that we would be having dinner with Adrian. I guess he was shocked too because he had this face.

Once I got out of my shock, I shouted "You!" At the same time he did. Then came an awkward silence.

"Well, it looks like you know each other!" My mom said breaking the silence.

"Ya think?" I answered with an annoyed face.

Author's Note
Hey fam! I guess you're wondering why I took so long to update? It's because of school. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter and please vote and comment on it. It would also be nice if you shared this story to other readers. Thanks!